Stay up-to-date with performances and activities happening at Trinity Laban.
Trinity Laban has well established processes for managing the quality of its programmes and awards, which include self-validated diplomas and certificates of proficiency, and degree programmes awarded by a validating partner, City University London. Full details of our processes can be found in the Academic Quality Handbook, including:
- Annual programme monitoring of all taught programmes, including student feedback mechanisms
- Periodic review of programmes and departments
- Comprehensive programme approval and validation processes, aimed at safeguarding academic standards and enhancing academic quality
- Assessment procedures and regulations
The external examining system to help monitor academic standards
- Monitoring of collaborative partnerships involved in the delivery of our programmes
- Fair, transparent and consistent admissions policies
- Clear complaint and appeal procedures, for when feedback mechanisms and informal resolution is unsuccessful
The Registry Department manages quality assurance on behalf of the institution, both in respect of internal procedures and in liaison with external bodies such as the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). This includes externally directed activities such as support for the QAA Institutional review process.
The QAA Quality Mark is awarded to higher education providers which have met or exceeded the UK expectations for quality and standards in their most recent review by QAA. Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance's most recent QAA report can be found via www.qaa.ac.uk/InstitutionReports/Pages/Trinity-Laban.aspx
City University London
Trinity Laban's productive partnership with City University is under the auspices of its 'Validation' category for the management and governance of its collaborative provision. The validation relationship is supported through liaison between staff at Trinity Laban and City University's Academic Services department. Further information, including the City University Validation and Institutional Partnerships Handbook, which describes the operational framework for the provision validated by the University, can be found here: http://www.city.ac.uk/about/education/academic-services/validation-and-partnerships/validation
Last updated on Wed 16 Apr 2014 10.07h