Lord Lipsey has been Chairman of the Board of Governors since 1 October 2012.
David Lipsey, a Labour peer, has had a lifelong interest in music.
He is chair of the All Party Classical Music Group in parliament,
which arranges presentations to and discussions with
parliamentarians on matters of concern to musicians and the music
He was involved in the setting-up of the Mid Wales Chamber
Orchestra near his home in Wales, and is now a trustee of its
parent trust. He is also Treasurer of the Sydney Nolan Trust near
Presteigne, which also holds regular concerts, and patron of the
He has been an informal adviser on public affairs to the English
David has helped support the career of a young pianist, Kerem
Hasan who is currently on a scholarship in piano and conducting at
the Royal Scottish College of Music. Kerem has just returned from
the US where he played a duet with Vladimir Ashkenazy.
David took up piano again four years ago, but is nearly as inept
as when he first started, more than fifty years ago.
Supplementary CV: relevant academic appointments and
- Visiting fellow at Department for European Studies, Harvard
University, April-May 2011
- Visiting Professor, University of Salford
- Past Visiting Professor, Department of Public Policy,
University of Ulster
- Past Visiting Fellow, Department of Health and Social Care,
London School of Economics
- Member of Council, Constitution Unit, University College
- Past member of External Affairs Advisory Committee, Economic
and Social Research Council
- Past member of the Advisory Council of Centre for Research into
Elections and Social Trends
A full work CV is available on request.
Last updated on Mon 05 Nov 2012 10.34h