Blackheath Halls is a registered charity (number 287589) which depends on the philanthropy of individuals and organisations and we are most grateful for the generosity of our supporters.
At the heart of our work at Blackheath Halls is the belief that being involved in making music has a profound effect on the lives of everyone.
Each year we sell over 30,000 tickets for a wide variety of events at Blackheath Halls and 2,500 people take part in our Community Engagement Programme, including children and young people from primary, special and secondary schools in the London Boroughs of Greenwich and Lewisham and Tower Hamlets.
Through our close connections with local schools and the Greenwich and Lewisham Music Hubs we reach children and young people from a wide variety of social, economic and ethnic backgrounds who enjoy taking part in our Community Engagement projects and performing in our wonderful Grade II listed building.
There are several ways in which you can make a valuable contribution to Blackheath Halls.
Make a donation to our Community Engagement Programme
Blackheath Halls offers a thriving Community Engagement programme which enriches the lives of those people taking part in it. We offer two annual Community Operas which receive national acclaim, a 'Blackheath Goes Gospel' project for schools and an adult choir, 'Use Your Voice' courses for adults new to singing, three singing projects a year for the Blackheath Community Chorus and three projects for the Blackheath Halls Community Orchestra, as well as the Mean Time Jazz Orchestra and Tea Dances.
This is what our Community Engagement Programme means to the participants:
- 'Thank you for having the vision and determination to run such excellent community opportunities. It really makes a difference to people's lives by enabling creativity, new musical skills, community understanding and cohesion, new friendships and a sense of purpose and well being.'
- 'If only this sort of life enhancing experience was easy to fund. It is of huge benefit to every part of the community'
- It couldn't have been a more exciting and fulfilling experience and was just what I needed to lift my spirits after a very challenging period.'
- 'I didn't want to leave because I had such a good time'
- 'Usually I'm afraid of performing, but I knew what I was doing and everything went well, so I didn't feel afraid.'
- 'I loved it soooooooooooooo much! Best Saturdays of my life.'
Macbeth 2013 Blackheath Goes Gospel 2013
Make a donation to the upkeep of Blackheath Halls
Blackheath Halls is London's oldest concert hall still in use and we would like to make your visit an experience to remember. Our Victorian building requires constant upkeep but we also aim to improve our facilities, as we did recently with the installation of a lift and the major refurbishment of the Recital Room. We could not do this without the support of our donors.
The Great Hall The Recital Room (official opening)
Remember Blackheath Halls in your will
By leaving a legacy to Blackheath Halls you ensure that future generations continue to experience the enjoyment Blackheath Halls gives you.
Become a corporate partner
If you think that your company can partner Blackheath Halls, please contact us to discuss our corporate involvement opportunities.
We are very grateful to our donors who make our Community Engagement Programme possible and who so generously supported the campaign to install a lift and refurbish the Recital Room.
For further details about supporting our work or to make a donation please contact Blackheath Halls' Development Officer Helma Zebregs on 020 8318 9758 or at firstname.lastname@example.org