There are various funding options available to students including bursaries, scholarships and external funding.
Trinity Laban Scholarships & Bursaries
- awarded for outstanding performance ability, demonstrated at audition
- awarded for particular disciplines (e.g. shortage instruments)
- awarded in the form of a reduction in fees
All successful applicants, postgraduate and undergraduate, are considered for scholarships, although the majority of awards are for postgraduate study. Information about external funding opportunities for which you may be eligible will be sent to you following your acceptance of a place.
- For students who find themselves struggling financially whilst enrolled on a course at Trinity Laban, there are a limited number of Bursaries they may be eligible to apply to through the Student Services Department. They are allocated on the basis of financial need and in the form of a contribution towards the cost of accommodation, tuition fees, general living expenses or external courses costs depending on which Bursary is applied for.
For more information please contact either:
Gemma Harman (Student Services Adviser, Music Faculty)
(020) 8305 4411
Alex Iossifidis (Student Services Adviser, Music Faculty)
(020) 8305 4412
Jennifer Asare (Student Adviser, Dance Faculty)
(020) 8305 9342
Please also refer to the Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance Access Agreement for additional information.
Junior Fellowships are designed to offer outstanding ensembles and individuals the opportunity to bridge the gap between full-time conservatoire-based study and the music profession. During an intensive year-long period, Junior Fellows have the means and time to enhance their professional skills and contacts whilst continuing their own development with the support of a Trinity Laban mentor.
It is your responsibility to ensure that you have sufficient funding to cover tuition fees and living expenses for your chosen period of study. You should not assume that you will receive financial support from Trinity Laban unless it has been offered in writing. Many trusts and funding bodies provide support for music education, particularly at postgraduate level. The application deadlines for many of these awards are early in the autumn term prior to the main audition session. We strongly encourage you to apply for any external funding sources for which you are eligible. You can find comprehensive information on how to obtain external funding here.
AHRC Applications from 2011
Please note that the application process has changed.
1. You can not apply individually to the AHRC.
2. Any funding Trinity Laban obtain will be advertised on www.jobs.ac.uk, and will be for PhD Level students only.
3. Masters level students will no longer be eligible.