Please note all workshops are suitable for participants with or without experience in dance. They are designed to give a taster of the dance style and a fun opportunity to take part.
Participants may wish to select just one or two of the workshops on offer or sign up to attend a workshop in each session for a whole day of dancing. Please make sure you select workshops suitable for your age.
*PLEASE NOTE THERE WILL BE FURTHER DROP IN SPACES ON THE DAY*
Additionally, performances, discussions and film screenings will be taking place throughout the day.
To book your place as a participant please use our online shop (the day is free).
Session 1: 10.00h - 11.00h
Session 2: 11.30h - 12.45h
- Hip Hop 8-12 years
- Contemporary with EdgeFWD 8-14 years
- Contemporary 13-16 years
- Contemporary with John Ross 16-22 years
- Capoeira 17-22 years
Session 3: 14.00h - 15.15h
- Capoeira 8-12 years
- Contemporary Morris 8-12 years
- Ballet 13-16 years
- Hip Hop 13-16 years
- Contemporary 17-22 years
- Contemporary with New Adventures (Lord of the Flies) 11-22 years. All spaces available on the day
Session 4: 15.30h - 16.45h (17.30h finish for Frantic Assembly)
- Ballet 8-12 years
- Contemporary Morris 13+
- Physical theatre with Frantic Assembly 16-22 years (2 hour workshop)
- African and Contemporary Dance with Tavaziva Dance 13-22 years. All spaces available on the day
- Leading Boys Dance - Sharing and Discussion session for Dance Teachers and Practitioners
Q & A with Panel of Male Dance Professionals: 17.30h - 18.00h
Are you interested in a career in the arts? Do you want to know what it is like to be a professional dancer, choreographer or performer? This is your chance to put your questions to a panel of experienced male dance professionals.
A programme of free performances by young, professional and community dancers will take place in the Studio Theatre throughout the day. You are welcome to drop in at any point.
A free photographic exhibition by renowned Dance Photographer, Chris Nash, will be displayed in the Laban building. Featuring images of male dancers, this exhibition will open for all visitors to the building to enjoy during the event.