Trinity Laban CAT alumni go on to take diverse and exciting pathways after they leave us in the arts and other industries. Keeping in touch with us and other CAT Alumni means you will be part of a growing community who have shared the unique Trinity Laban CAT experience. It is an effective way to keep in contact, network and find out about dance industry opportunities.
The best way to keep in touch with other CAT alumni is by joining our Alumni page on Facebook. To join please follow link below.
Facebook CAT Alumni
Trinity Laban CAT alumni are able to have free reference access to the Trinity Laban dance library and archive-the biggest dance specific library in Europe. For more information please click below.
Trinity Laban Library
Recent CAT graduate Charlie Burt has written a blog about her experience at Trinity Laban and the difference the programme has made to her teenage years both personally and professionally. To read click below:
Charlie Burt Blog
Parents, guardians and family also play an important role in the training of students on the Trinity Laban CAT programme. One of our supportive parents, who's daughter has recently graduated from us has written about her views on the CAT experience.
"From Day One my daughter had a new family. A group of talented peers to work alongside of, inspirational teachers and a fearless course director whose vision for her students saw them viewing and being trained by leading lights in contemporary dance, from Hofesh Shechter to Henri Oguike, Random Dance to Matthew Bourne.
I have seen my daughter perform at the Royal Festival Hall, the Bonnie Bird theatre and the Place. I have witnessed her grow from an enthusiastic dancer into a thoughtful, consummate professional.
Balancing the needs of academic demands with training 3 times a week instilled time management skills many adults would be proud of, alongside the emotional literacy that comes with belonging to a dance company. The training offered new and creative ways to interpret her academic subjects.
This September my daughter started dual honours in English and Philosophy. She will always be a dancer. Thanks to the CAT she has gone to university knowing what it is to be creative, to perform, to communicate through a medium other than words. Thank you to everyone involved with this remarkable scheme, may it go on and offer many more young people the opportunity to dance." - Helen Lefevre
We are keen to hear from all former students, so please get in touch. We will be delighted to hear from you.
Useful links for dance industry information auditions & jobs opportunities
- Article 19
- Arts Jobs
- People Dancing (Foundation for Community Dance)
- National Dance CATs
- Foundations For Excellence
Here is what some of the National Dance CAT Graduates have been up to recently
- Tom Greaves (Trinity Laban CAT) went to London Contemporary Dance School and is now with Matthew Bourne New Adventures.
- Claudimar Neto (Trinity Laban CAT) studied at Urdang and is currently touring with the stage show Thriller.
- Jon Savage (CAT at The Place) studied at Central before joining Scottish Ballet and has recently joined Rambert Dance Company. (Sept 2011)
- Reece Richards (CAT at The Place) recently finished a season in the hit musical Thriller and can now be seen dancing on XFactor.
- Adam Park (Dance City CAT) is currently in his 3rd Year at Rambert School - he was selected to perform with the company as a student dancer, for their current tour and has subsequently been offered a permanent contract with the company.
- Sam Draper (Dance City CAT), went to Rambert School has been given the chance to understudy Adam`s student role for the tour with Rambert Dance Company.
- Lawrie Maclennan (CAT at The Place)is production manager for Hofesh Shechter Company.
- Carys Staton (Swindon Dance CAT) who graduated from Rambert summer 2011, was offered contracts with Bern Ballet and Russell Maliphant and is now working with Russell Maliphant.
- Joseph Poulton (Northern Ballet CAT) attended Rambert School and Central School of Ballet and is now dancing with Ballet Black.