- May the public use the Laban Library & Archive?
- How much does it cost to use the Laban Library & Archive?
- I've graduated from Trinity Laban. Can I still use the Laban Library & Archive?
- What about members of other colleges and universities?
- May I borrow from the library?
- How can I find out what's in stock at the library?
- How can I find out what is in the archive?
- How can I see archive items I want to look at?
- Can I make photocopies?
- I'm an alumna/alumnus: how can I get hold of a video (e.g. a student performance) from a previous year?
- Does the library and archive conduct research on behalf of visitors?
- Is it possible to volunteer in the Laban Library and Archive?
- I'd like to donate some books/archives to Laban Library and Archive. Is this possible?
- You haven't answered my question!
Yes, the research collections of the Laban Library & Archive are open to all those who are engaged in private study or non-commercial research, as well as to members of Trinity Laban. Reference-only use is provided to members of the public for a fee. Please contact us to arrange a time for your visit. Visitors are asked to book in advance during weekday office hours to minimize the dilution of resources for Trinity Laban students and staff at busy times. To arrange use of the archives please call at least a week ahead.
|Fees for use of the Library & Archive by members of the public|
Concessionary prices (half-price) apply to students from other institutions who can show valid student ID.
Trinity Laban alumni are welcome to to use the Laban Library on a reference-only basis. This means you can consult the library's books, journals and DVDs, and use many of our online resources within the library, but you will no longer be able to borrow items or access online resources from home. AV/IT equipment cannot be borrowed by alumni.
To use the library, just go to reception at the faculty and let them know you would like to use the library. You will just be asked to sign in.
Reference access is available as above and students pay concession rates for use of the library and archives. Please note that the Laban Library is not a member of the SCONUL Access scheme.
Unless you are a current student or staff member of Trinity Laban, you cannot borrow items from the Laban Library. This includes AV/IT equipment such as cameras and laptops. However, if there is a specific item you wish to borrow, you may be able to do so through the Inter-Library Loan scheme. Please contact your local public or academic library for more information.
Search the Laban Library catalogue. Viewing the details of an item will confirm whether or not a copy is currently available.
Make a note of the reference numbers of items you want to see and contact the Archivist by email at [email protected] or by telephone at 0208 305 9338 to book an appointment. You will be required to bring proof of identity with you when you visit and you will be charged a fee as outlined above.
- Material can be copied for study purposes within the limits of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and our Copyright Licensing Agency licence.
- You will have to get permission from the Archivist if you wish to copy any archive items.
- Guest copy cards are available from the library issue desk for external visitors.
- Charges per side of printing are 6p (A4) and 12p (A3) for black & white copies. Colour prints are 40p (A4) and 80p (A3) per side of printing.
I'm an alumna/alumnus: how can I get hold of a video (i.e. a student performance I was involved in) from a previous year?
We retain student performances from 2012 onwards indefinitely and we also have recordings of some earlier performances, which we may be able to provide to alumni for a fee. Please read the following information for how to go about requesting a file of your performance.
We can carry out initial searches up to 15 minutes without charge for specific enquiries received by phone, letter or e-mail, and can advise you about likely fees applicable to in-depth searches (normally £50 per hour), should we estimate that your enquiry will take longer.
Yes, it is. If you would like to find out about volunteer opportunities in the Laban Archive, contact the Archivist at [email protected].
We are always grateful for book and archive donations. If you wish to donate any books to the library please contact the Head Librarian to discuss. If the books are suitable we will add them to the library stock. In the eventuality that the books cannot be added to stock, we will sell them on and invest the money made into further book purchases for the library.
If you wish to donate to the archive, please contact the Archivist to discuss suitability and options.
If your question isn't answered here or elsewhere on the website, please contact us with your enquiry by emailing [email protected] or calling +44 (0)20 8305 9333