Welcome to the UK’s largest open-access specialist dance collection.
Laban Library & Archive
Laban Library offers the largest and most varied open-access specialist research collection on dance and related subjects in the UK, covering many aspects of dance in a variety of formats and languages.
The Laban Archive focuses on the history and development of Rudolf Laban the man, Laban the institution, and on the field of contemporary dance from its roots in European Dance Theatre Practice in the early twentieth century, via its American influences in the 1960s and 1970s, to its current contemporary artists. Whilst tying in with Laban's focus on contemporary dance, the contents reflect the wide influences and associations of the dance form and document both the creative processes and performances of Laban-influenced choreographers and dance practitioners.
Quick links for students and staff
- Search the Laban Library catalogue to find physical items in the library, including books, journals, and video recordings. Log in with your Library user ID and PIN to renew and reserve books.
- Search the Laban Archive catalogue for items from the Laban Core Collection, individuals' and organisations' collections.
- Use our new online research tool QuickSearch to search Trinity Laban libraries' electronic subscriptions and recommended free online resources along with the Laban Library catalogue. IT login required.
- View course reading lists on the Laban Library catalogue.
- View class recordings, and student and professional performances on our video streaming site, available onsite and offsite. IT login required.
- The Laban Library and Archive Moodle pages contain further information about the library and guides to research and using the library's resources. IT login required.
- View our blog for news on the Laban Library and Archive.
|Term-time opening hours: 19 September - 2 December 2016|
|Monday and Friday||09.00 - 18.00|
|Tuesday - Thursday||09.00 - 20.00|
|Saturday||10.30 - 14.30|
|Sunday||10.30 - 14.30*|
|The Archive: Mon-Tue (by appointment)||11.00 - 17.00|
*Reference only use for Trinity Laban staff and students.
On rare occasions, we may have to close for unforeseen circumstances. Please call 0208 305 9333 for the latest information if you plan to visit.
You will find the Laban Library & Archive in the Laban Building at Creekside. For directions please see the Find Us section of the website.
For further information, please email [email protected] or call +44 (0)20 8305 9333.