Stay up-to-date with performances and activities happening at Trinity Laban.
Health & Injury Support
Trinity Laban Health is committed to supporting the health and well-being of students. A range of health treatments are available daily within our on-site clinic.
Music and Dance courses are supported by complementary study sessions (as appropriate to your study discipline) in Pilates, Yoga and Alexander Technique.
Trinity Laban Health offers an extensive range of services to help aid and support our students not only in their training development, but in their everyday lives. Our treatments can treat a wide range of conditions from stress and anxiety to muscular and neurological problems all within our state-of-the-art on-site clinic. Our team at Trinity Laban Health specialise in the assessment and treatment of injuries to Performing Arts students and professionals.
|Tui Na Massage||
|Dance Science and Health Profiling Service||
Students can book for our services a number of ways.
Telephone: 020 8305 9479; 020 8305 9482
In person: The Health department is based at the Dance Faculty.
Any new students/staff who wish to register for our Health Services must let the Health administrative team know in order for us to activate your student/staff membership. This will allow online access to our concessions.
Terms and Conditions
- Full payment is due at the time of booking.
- All cancellations and/or rescheduled appointments require 24 hours notice or the full treatment fee is due.
- Clients are responsible for informing their practitioner of any remedial condition, injury or pregnancy.
- Trinity Laban cannot take any responsibility for items left in the Health treatment rooms or in the Laban building.
Trinity Laban Health advises that every student should have a health insurance plan. This means that if an injury does occur you can receive the necessary treatment without financial worry.
Cash 4 Health Insurance
BHSF Limited, a 'not-for profit' company, offer good healthcare cover in its Cash4Health plan. This cover costs as little as £6.00 per month.
How do I sign up?
Cash for Health applications are available from student services, the health department or from your Cash for Health advisor during Induction. Once you have completed an application please hand the form to the health department. This ensures your application can be processed faster. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the benefits?
- The Cash 4 Health plan ensures all students can be reimbursed 60% for the cost of treatment within 3 days of making a claim.
- Students can claim for Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Chiropody, Osteopathy, Chiropractic.
- Students can claim as soon as they receive their welcome letter.
- All students with the Cash 4 Health plan can be reimbursed 100% for dental and optical fees. This includes check-ups, eye-tests, contact lenses, lenses and frames.
Finding and Registering with a GP
All students on a course of six months or longer at Trinity Laban must register with a doctor's practice immediately after arrival. If you don't, you will not be able to make an appointment with a doctor should you become ill and may experience delays in getting the treatment you need. It is free to register with a GP.
- To find GPs practices in the area where you live visit the National Health Service website www.nhs.uk and enter your postcode under 'Find GP Practices'
If you are on a course lasting less than six months:
- You need private health insurance unless you are an EU/EEA or Swiss national.
In case of an emergency call 999 or go to the Accident & Emergency section of the nearest hospital.
Documents needed to register with a GP:
- Evidence that they are a student (for example, enrolment letter)
- Proof of UK address (for example, tenancy agreement).
There are a number of local GP clinics in the area:
Clifton Rise Family Practice Greenwich Reach health Centre.
- Telephone: 0208 469 111.
- Website: www.cliftonrisefamilypracticeest1953.co.uk
This surgery is very close to McMillan Student Village.
Amersham Vale Teaching Practice in the Waldron Health Centre.
- Website: www.amershamvale.co.uk
- Telephone: 020 3049 3600
This surgery is located near New Cross. The Waldron Health centre also provides a walk in clinic should you fall ill and cannot obtain an appointment from your registered GP on the same day.
Vanbrugh Group Practice
- Website: www.vanbrughgps.co.uk
South Street Medical Centre
- Website: www.greenwichmedics.co.uk
St John's Medical Centre
- Website: www.stjohnsmedcentre.co.uk
Last updated on Fri 6 Dec 2013 13.14h