There are various stages to the career planning and job seeking process. The following sections offer advice and information for those seeking work.
- Finding opportunities in the arts, music, and dance, including paid employment, voluntary opportunities and internships
Job applications and interviews
Income Tax and National Insurance Contributions
Self Employment and Business Advice
- TARGETjobs – This website has information about working in various countries. The information covers language requirements, where you can work, job hunting tips, application methods and visa basics
- Prospects – This graduate careers website includes country guides covering a wide range of countries
Careers and Disability
- Information on various aspects of employment and career development relevant to students and graduates with a disability.
Diversity Matters is useful to graduate jobseekers who are affected by the issues it addresses. There are eight titles in the series, which can be downloaded via the links below:
- Disability and mental health
- Sexual orientation
- Social and class issues
- Transsexual and transgender
Each title includes information relating to the law (including recent and imminent changes to legislation), tips on marketing yourself effectively, and advice on how to find positive employers, as well as a list of useful contacts and resources. Case studies from recent graduates are also included to provide a personal insight into the issues.
The Diversity Matters series has been produced by the Association of Graduate Careers Advisory Services (AGCAS), which works in collaboration with members and professional associations to produce up-to-date careers information, advice, and guidance products for careers practitioners and their clients.