Dance Science Research Intern
Area of work
Address: Laban Building Creekside SE8 3DZ
Email: [email protected]
Phone One: +44 (0)20 8305 9337
Liliana holds a Leonardo Da Vinci mobility grant which is supporting her current work within the Dance Science department. She completed her PhD degree in Psychology at the School of Psychology of University of Minho in 2011, and her work was considered original, pioneering and of high scientific value in the Portuguese context. Her thesis consisted of a case study with excellent dancers and scientists investigating their psychological characteristics and pathways to success. Liliana has been working mainly in the field of education as psychologist and teacher and has experience as a full time assistant professor and thesis supervisor for Undergraduate and Masters degree programs. She has also worked as a psychologist in schools and private clinics. Liliana is an effective member of the Portuguese Psychologists Order, a member of the Portuguese Society for Sport Psychology, and a board member of the Portuguese Society for Positive Psychology. She is actively involved in research and practice in psychology, resulting in several presentations at national and international scientific meetings such as International Symposium of Performance Science (ISPS), International Conference on Excellence and Superior Performance, and the European Congress of Psychology.
Qualifications / Educational Background
- Professional certification nº 1679: Effective Member of Portuguese Order of Psychologists (OPP)
- PhD in Psychology, University of Minho 2011
- Post-graduation certificate in "Dance on educational contexts", Faculty of Human Kinetics, Technical University of Lisbon, 2007
- Specialisation course in qualitative data analysis, ISCTE - University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE-IUL)
- Post-graduation certificate in Psychology: Development and Intervention on educational contexts", University of Évora, 2006
- Degree in Psychology, University of Évora, 2003
- Guest lecturer: "Qualitative methodologies", degree in Psychology, University of Madeira. (2012)
- Module coordinator and lecturer: "Child and Adolescent Psychopathology", degree in Education, University of Madeira. (2011-2012)
- Module coordinator and lecturer: "Psychopathology", degree in Psychology, University of Madeira. (2011-2012)
- Module coordinator: "Models of Psychological Intervention II", degree in Psychology, University of Madeira. (2010-2011; 2011-2012)
- Module coordinator: "Fundamentals of Psychology", degree in Psychology, degree in Social Service and degree on Communication, Culture and Organisations, University of Madeira. (2010-2011; 2011-2012)
- Module coordinator and lecturer: "Personal and Career Development", master degree in Psychology of Education, University of Madeira. (2010-2011)
- Guest teacher: "Psychology of superior performance and excellence", degree in Psychology, University of Minho, Braga. (2008-2009)
- Collaborating teacher: "Vocational Guidance and Career Development", degree in Psychology, University of Évora. (2004-2006)
-Araújo, L.S.Almeida, L.A., & Cruz. J.F.A. (submitted). Pathways of excellence in dance: A case study with outstanding Portuguese dancers.
-Araújo, L.S. Almeida, L.A., & Cruz. J.F.A. (in course). Educational paths for excellence in science: the role of emotional and motivational processes.
- Araújo, L.,Prieto, M., & Bezelga, I. (2012). Danza tradicional na escola: Relato de duas experiencias de inclusión da danza tradicional no programa curricular do ensino básico.Musicrearte digital,1, 43-53.
- Araújo, L. S.,Cruz, J.F., & Almeida, L. (2011). Inspirational teachers: Their role in the development of excellence in professional dancers.In A. Williamon, D. Dwards, & L. Bartel (Eds.),Proceedings of the International Symposium on Performance Science2011 (pp. 49-54). Utrecht, The Netherlands: European Association of Conservatoires (AEC).
- Araújo, L. S.,Cruz, J. F., & Almeida, L. S. (2010). A entrevista no estudo da excelência: Uma proposta. [The interview in the study of excellence: A proposal]Psychologica, 52,253-279.
- Araújo, L.S.(2010).Excelência em contextos de realização: Em busca da convergência de factores cognitivos, motivacionais e de personalidade. [Excellence on achievement contexts: in search for cognitive, motivational and personality factors.] Unpublished doctoral dissertation, University of Minho, Braga.
- Araújo, L. S., Cruz, J.F, & Almeida, L. (2010) Percepções de excelência: resultados de um estudo de caso com cientistas e bailarinos. (Meeting Abstract) Proceedings of the II International conference "Excellence: Education and Human Development" (p.107), Braga: HSCI.
- Araújo, L. S.,Almeida, L., & Cruz, J.F. (2009). Pathways of excellence in science and dance: Lessons learned from a Portuguese case study.In A. Williamon, S. Pretty, & R. Buck (Eds.),Proceedings of the International Symposium on Performance Science2009 (pp. 139-144). Utrecht, The Netherlands: European Association of Conservatoires (AEC).
- Araújo, L. S., Matos, D., Almeida, L., & Cruz, J.F.A. (2008). The study of excellence in science, sport and art in Portugal: Preliminary results and findings from a research program. (Meeting abstract)International Journal of Psychology, 4(3-4), 779.
-Araújo, L. S.,Almeida, L., & Cruz, J.F. (2007). Excellence on achievement contexts: psychological science applications and future direction. In A. Williamon & D. Coimbra (Eds.),Proceedings of the International Symposium on Performance Science(pp. 17-22). Association Européenne des Conservatoires, Académies de Musique et Musikhochschulen (AEC).
-Araújo, L.,Almeida, L. & Cruz, J. (2007). Contributos da Psicologia para o estudo da excelência: Perspectivas emergentes e direcções futuras. [Contributions of Psychology to the study of excellence: Emergents perspectives and future directions] In J.F.Cruz, J. M. Silvério, A. R. Gomes & C. Duarte (Orgs.),Actas da Conferencia Internacional Psicologia do Desporto e Exercício(pp. 4-21). Universidade do Minho, Centro de Investigação em Psicologia.
- Araújo, L.,Cruz, J., & Almeida, L. (2007). Excelência humana: Teorias explicativas e o papel determinante do professor. [Human excellence: Explanatory theories and the determinant role of teachers].Revista Psicologia, Educação e Cultura, XI,2, 97-221.
- Candeias, A., Duarte, M.,Araújo, L.,Albano, A., Silvestre, A., Santos, A. F., Argueles, F., & Claudino, P. (2003) Avaliação da Sobredotação: Percepções Parentais. [Giftedness assessment: Parental perceptions]Sobredotação,4, (1), 75-93.
Member of Steering Committee "Monitoring and validation" of TC4Me -Competence Raising for Textile Competitiveness in Multicultural Environment (Leonardo Da Vinci), CITEVE.
Doctoral grant (SFRH / BD / 30667 / 2006) from POPH-FSE/ Science and Technology Foundation (FCT), Ministry of Science and Technology of Portugal.