If you are applying for Trinity Laban via recording, please read the following information before sending us your material online.
Prior to submitting a recorded audition, you must apply via UCAS Conservatoires (formerly CUKAS).
Erasmus applicants should complete the required form available from the International Office at their Home institution
Your recording should contain the following:
1. Performance of 2 contrasting Musical Theatre songs, as follows
- one "contemporary" (ie written since 1990), AND
- one from classic MT repertoire (ie written pre-1960),
Total running length minimum 6 mins; max 10 mins.
2. Performance of 2 spoken monologues, as follows
- one from a play written after 1950, AND
- one non-scripted improvisation by the applicant, the subject/focus of which is "interviewing for a place on the course".
Total run time minimum 6 mins; max 10 mins.
3. Performance of an original solo dance piece (to existing music of their choice), choreographed and performed by the applicant: run time - minimum 3 mins; max 5 mins
In all cases, the choice of material should be guided by what best enables the applicant to demonstrate their potential.
For the song and speeches, the video must clearly show some closer head shots as well as whole body during performance. For the dance, the video must clearly show the whole body throughout the whole performance.
Applicants should submit recordings/files via Decision Desk. Submissions will not be considered until an application has been submitted on UCAS Conservatoires.
Please note that upon uploading your recording, portfolio and supplementary materials on Decision Desk, you are giving Trinity Laban the permission to also upload a copy of your UCAS application and any references received onto Decision Desk for the sake of assessing your UCAS application and your Decision Desk application simultaneously.