Skip to main content

Coronavirus (Covid-19): advice for Trinity Laban students, staff and visitors

Page last updated: 24 September 2021

Trinity Laban continues to respond to the latest UK Government guidance to safeguard our community and the wider public. This means important changes to our operations. Please read this information carefully.

The UK government guidelines have relaxed many of the restrictions previously in place in England to prevent the spread of COVID-19. As such, we are proceeding cautiously over the next few months as we make changes to our safety measures to ensure our buildings that Trinity Laban can remain open and teaching face-to-face.


Following the change in government guidelines we are relaxing our 2m social distancing rules and removing our one-way systems and updating signage as appropriate.

  • We are continuing enhanced ventilation for our buildings.
  • We are maintaining an appropriate cleaning schedule, including regular cleaning of areas and equipment.
  • We are continuing the use of transparent screens for the safety of our front of house teams.

Those entering Trinity Laban buildings must adhere to the following procedures to ensure your safety, and the safety of others:

  • Be in the receipt of a negative Covid-19 test no more than three days in advance of coming on site.
  • Remember your access card. You will not be able to enter any building unless you have your access card with you.
  • Check your temperature as you enter any building for the first time each day.
  • Wear a mask when moving around any building and when required, unless you are exempt.
  • Regularly wash or sanitise your hands.

If you have any COVID -19 symptoms, do NOT come into any buildings. Please stay at home and immediately notify TL via the email addresses below:

Students: COVIDstudentabsence@trinitylaban.ac.uk
Staff: COVIDstaffabsence@trinitylaban.ac.uk

Changes to learning & teaching

To prioritise student and staff safety alongside effective delivery of the programmes there are changes to teaching delivery:

  • Learning is blended. Practical in-person teaching continues alongside virtual delivery of Programmes, Modules and components that can reasonably continue online.
  • In person class sizes are smaller. Music and Musical Theatre are working in smaller groups, and Dance students are grouped in bubbles.
  • The timetable is restructured. We have allowed time for hygiene measures including cleaning studios and classrooms, and to manage the flow of students and staff in our buildings at any one time.

For more detailed information, please see our Coronavirus FAQs


We have recommenced performance work and plan to re-open our large performance spaces publicly for our Autumn Season. Please keep an eye on our What’s On page and our Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.

You can also revisit the incredible range of digital performance that we’ve produced over the last year.

We are working closely with the Trinity Laban Student Union to ensure student life continues to be as rich and active as ever.

We appreciate you may have some questions around the current situation and hope the following FAQs can help provide answers.

Coronavirus FAQs

Key Documents

You are welcome to read detailed plans about the return to our buildings, as well as understand how we have assessed the current risks to our community.

Read the Covid-19 Return to Buildings Plan.

Read the General Risk Assessment.

Sources of information

For information on what Coronavirus is and how to keep yourself and others safe, visit the Government’s website and/or the following websites:

We appreciate you may have some questions around the current situation and hope the following FAQs can help provide answers.

Coronavirus FAQs


As we seek to return operations to normal, we are now welcoming back visitors for performances and events. We continue to remain cautious in our approach, so encourage all visitors to self-test up to 48 hours before arrival on campus and to follow our safety measures when on site.

TL Health

TL Health services are available in-person to staff and students within the terms of the current restrictions. Online options are available to all, including the public.

Learning & Participation

L&P activity is taking place in our buildings, schools, and community settings. For more info, contact L&PEnquiries@trinitylaban.ac.uk