King Charles Court provides our music students with excellent facilities and a safe environment in which to study and perform.
The building is open during term time, from 08.00 to 22.00 on weekdays, and on a more restricted basis during weekends and holidays. The Peacock Room and Theatre Studio provide elegant and flexible recital and rehearsal spaces.
Performance and practice facilities
- 100 seat Peacock Room
- 100 seat Theatre Studio, with sprung dance floor
- Elegant Stuart and Mackerras Rooms for chamber music
- 80+ practice rooms
- Dedicated suites for Brass, Composition, Early Music, Harp Jazz and Percussion
Nearby Blackheath Halls is frequently used as the venue for our annual musical theatre productions.
Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts
Our Jerwood Library provides students with access to a range of materials and resources. It also houses some rare and unique collections - all available for study and research.
- Composition suite
- Keyboard laboratory
- Digital recording studio
Trinity Laban has invested substantially in music technology and has provided state of the art facilities for everyday student use.
The recording studio is designed to industry standards and features a large performance area and control room, digital mixing, Pro Tools and Logic Audio and true audiophile quality monitoring.
In addition to recording work the studio is used to teach recording techniques and is available for composers to realise acoustic and electro-acoustic works.
The keyboardlLaboratory provides a further thirteen networked Mac workstations with full size weighted-action electronic pianos all of which are equipped with Logic Audio, Sibelius and Auralia software. Composers also have use of the dedicated Composition Suite.
- Swipe card system, lockers and CCTV system for safety
- Lifts and ramps provide easy access for all
Trinity Laban is committed to providing easy access to all of its buildings. Lifts and ramps provide easy access to most spaces and we are constantly looking for ways to improve access. You can find out more about our disability policies here.
Student safety is a high priority and the Faculty of Music employs full time security guards, in addition to operating swipe cards, CCTV systems and security lockers.
- Calfskin, plastic and period timpani, drum kits, Latin, African and European tuned percussion
- All standard wind and brass orchestral doubling instruments
- Large collection of period instruments including shawms, crumhorns, baroque flutes, oboes, bassoons, trumpets, sackbutts and cornetti
- Extensive collection of keyboard instruments including grand pianos by Steinway, Bösen dorfer, Kawai, Petrov and Yamaha; harpsichords, a clavichord, electric keyboards, chamber organs, a fortepiano and the Dartington International Summer School collection of keyboard instruments and viols.