What is Eduroam?
Eduroam (education roaming) is a service provided via JANET that enables students, researchers and staff to securely access the internet wirelessly whilst visiting other participating institutions, using the username and login provided by their home organisation. They can also use Eduroam at their home institution.
Does Trinity Laban support Eduroam?
Trinity Laban complies with the ‘Home’ requirements but does not comply with ‘Visited’ requirements.
- A home institution is one which permits its users to use Eduroam at other participating institutions. Once configured for Eduroam at Trinity Laban, your device will be ready to connect when you visit a participating institution.
- A visited institution is one which permits members from other participating institutions to use its facilities whilst they are on site.
What Do I Need to Connect?
- Device that supports WPA2/AES (802.1X) Enterprise encryption
- PEAP/MSCHAP2 authentication
- Your operating system is fully patched and updated.
- You are running an updated Anti-virus package.
How do I connect to Eduroam?
You should configure your laptop/mobile device as shown in the guides found on the Intranet or Moodle.
Where can I connect to Eduroam?
The JANET Roaming Service keep an up to date list of sites providing eduroam access.
Note: An institution must provide a “visited” service for you to connect with your Trinity Laban user account.
Acceptable Use Policy
As well as abiding by the Trinity Laban Acceptable Use Policy, which can be found on the Staff Intranet and Moodle, all users of eduroam must abide by the following JANET policies and guidelines:
All students, staff and researchers are required to remove the eduroam profile from their devices when their association with Trinity Laban ends.
How can I get help?
For further support or questions regarding wireless, please review the Frequently Asked Questions section of the intranet or the IT section of Moodle and if you are unable to resolve the problem, please contact the IT Service Desk:
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 8305 4333