Skip to main content

Does this programme offer QTS (qualified teacher status)?

No, this programme does NOT offer QTS. You can find out about routes into  teaching on our Training to Teach page.

Does this programme offer CME (Certificate of Music Education)?

No. CME is a level 4 (first year undergraduate) qualification for accrediting musicians working in any education setting. The MA MEP addresses similar areas and more, but at significantly greater depth.

Can I pay by instalments?

All fees are paid on a termly basis.

Where can I do my placement?

The 20 credit Placement Module offers you the opportunity to diversify your practice and experience through working in an unfamiliar context. Your placement supervisor and Trinity Laban’s Learning and Participation Department will support you in identifying an appropriate placement. Past students have enjoyed placements with organisations such as the London Symphony Orchestra, Drake Music Scotland, Gateway School of Mumbai (Special Needs), Sound and Music, Junior Royal Academy and Junior Trinity. Many other students have found placements with local schools and music hubs.

If I apply but then cannot commit to the programme, can I defer my place for the year after?

Unfortunately, we do not offer deferrals for any Trinity Laban music programme. You would need to apply again the following year.

Where does the teaching take place?

All of the teaching take place at Trinity Laban’s Faculty of Music in London. Our Faculty of Music is based at King Charles Court, Greenwich, and is part of the stunning Maritime Greenwich World Heritage Site, which also includes the historic town centre, Royal Park and the Old Royal Naval College.

What support is on offer to Trinity Laban students?

Once you are enrolled on the programme, you will have access to our student support services and resources. These include our library and IT services, careers advice, health and disability support, counselling, and access to the student union. You will also have the opportunity to engage and take up a student placement with our Learning and Participation Music department, which run a range of different programmes, classes, and trainings in partnership with local schools, music hubs, and other organisations.

Does Trinity Laban offer scholarships for post-graduate students?

Please see our Scholarships page for up-to-date information on current scholarships.

Can I get help funding my MA in Music Education & Performance?

Please see our Postgraduate students page for up-to-date information on government funding for postgraduate students.

What are the course dates for 2016-17?

Please see our Term Dates page.