Skip to main content


Visit the Music Fees page or Dance Fees page for detailed information, including a list of fees for all programmes.

Find out more about how to pay your fees. Please note you will receive an initial invoice in August.

Student Finance Applications (Home students only)

The Student Finance page of the government’s website gives advice for BMus, BAMT, BACD and BSc and CertHE UK students on how to go about applying for a tuition fee loan, maintenance grant or loan.

When applying, you will need the following codes:

UCAS Institution code: T75

BMus students – please note that there is one SLC code for this: 11124 Music Performance – Classical or Jazz or Composition. This includes the UCAS codes 300F and 310F.


Cash Bursaries

As detailed in our Access and Participation Plan all home and EU students with a residual household income of up to £30,000 will qualify for financial assistance.  Eligible students will receive an annual cash bursary of £1,250 for the duration of their undergraduate programme.  Application for this is automatic, and processed as part of your Student Loan application.  You will receive a letter in the autumn term confirming if you will be receiving the award.

Postgraduate funding

Student Loans up to £12,167 are available for Masters programmes. Those loans have to be paid back after the end of your course, once you are earning over £22,015. You can find more information on the Student Loans Company website and check terms and eligibility.

When applying for Postgraduate Student Loans, please note the following codes/descriptors:

UCAS Institution code: T75

Funding level Study mode SLC course code Course name Qualification
Postgraduate full-time 540423 Masters Programmes (Dance) Taught Masters
Postgraduate part-time 540432 Masters Programmes (Dance) Taught Masters
Postgraduate full-time 540443 Masters Programmes (Music Education) Taught Masters
Postgraduate full-time 540413 Masters Programmes (Music) Taught Masters
Postgraduate part-time 540427 Masters Programmes (Music) Taught Masters
Postgraduate full-time 540451 MFA Programmes – Dance Taught Masters
Postgraduate part-time 791173 The Teaching Musician MA Taught Masters
Undergraduate full-time 540454 MFA Programmes – Dance – SCOTTISH APPLICANTS Scottish Postgraduate

There are alternative ways to fund your studies, including:

Trinity Laban also has some funding opportunities available and provides a variety of awards to students each year.

Financial Awards


There is no separate application process in order to be considered for scholarship funding prior to enrolment in music programmes at Trinity Laban. All students are considered automatically following the acceptance of a place. It is an ongoing process and we will let you know if you have been successful in obtaining an award via email.

Generally, postgraduate awards are for tuition fees rather than living costs and will not be given to you directly, but offset against fees.

Undergraduates in receipt of an award, but eligible for Student Finance to cover their fees, can use the award for other purposes.

We do encourage you to look for your own funding and provide comprehensive information on how to obtain external funding.


If you’re offered a place on one of the Postgraduate programmes in the Faculty of Dance, you may be eligible to apply for financial assistance with your studies.

Scholarships and awards include:

  • Leverhulme Arts Scholarship
  • Trinity Laban Dance Awards
  • Bursaries offered by Independent Dance

Read more about the Dance Awards and how to apply.

US Student Loans

Please visit our page on US Student Loans for more information.

The Federal Student Loan website might also be helpful. Our school code for the FAFSA is G10520.