The McMillan Student Village, a privately-run Halls of Residence, is located within easy walking distance of Trinity Laban and close to tube, train, and bus links.
It’s a wonderful environment in which to study, relax and make new friends.
Rooms range from single study bedrooms organised in cluster flats with a shared kitchen/diner to single studio apartments with their own mini-kitchen.
- a range of rooms with contemporary furnishing and en-suite bathrooms
- broadband internet access
- communal social area
- on-site laundrette
- security features, including a 24-hour reception
Living in McMillan was great – it was really exciting to make new friends and be so close to campus! It was a great way to start feeling settled into a new place and I’d recommend it to anyone starting.
Jack Philp, BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance
How to apply
Application to McMillan Student Village for new students opens on Friday the 5th May 2023. All new students will be sent information and the application details via email on 2nd May 2023 (to the email address provided during the course application process). Applications can only be made online.
Rooms are allocated on a first-come, first-served basis, by date and time of receipt of the £250 holding deposit required with the completion of the online accommodation application form. Priority is given to new undergraduate students, international students, those outside of London and disabled students with sensory impairments and those who may have difficulties with physical access in private rented accommodation.
Find out more information:
Rental Payments (2023/24 Prices)
|Standard Cluster room
|£206.90 per week
|£210.82 per week
|£269.55 per week
|Single Studio with 1.2m bed
|£281.88 per week
How we allocate rooms
We have a system for allocating rooms at McMillan Student Village. The system is designed to help those with greater difficulty finding private accommodation, those who may struggle with the upfront cost of private accommodation and those with limited mobility.
If you meet the category for a reserved room, we will need to receive independent evidence that you meet the criteria.
The prioritisation below only applies to students who apply before the deadline. Applications after the deadline are allocated on a first come first served basis.
Rooms can be reserved for
- Disabled students with a relevant condition (sensory or physical disability)
- Students who will be under 18 years of age on the date the course starts
- Students with proof of estrangement from their parents (i.e. no contact and support from family or guardian)
- Those leaving local authority care
Prioritising those remaining in this order
- International students with a home address outside of the UK in their first year of study (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Undergraduate and Foundation Year students in their first year of study who have a home address outside the M25 (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Postgraduate students in their first year of study who have a home address outside the M25 (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Undergraduate and Foundation year students in their first year of study who have a home address inside the M25 (on a first-come, first-served basis)
- Postgraduate students in their first year of study who have a home address inside the M25 (on a first-come, first-served basis)
Four weeks after we open the applications, returning students will be able to apply for rooms if we have any left.
We will try to group all postgraduate students in flats together.
Coming for a term or a semester?
Apply as normal but specify which term or semester you wish to stay and we will attempt to match you with someone who will fill the room for the rest of the year. You will still be prioritised according to the above criteria.
Jennifer Asare (Student Adviser, Faculty of Dance)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8305 9342