Skip to main content

Choosing private accommodation gives you the freedom to choose where you live, what facilities are important to you and how you want to spend your budget.

To find out about different housing options, house hunting tips, places to look and more, download our Housing Guide or pick up a copy from Student Services:

Housing Guide 2020/21


Letting Agents

Many landlords rent out their properties through letting agents. It can be useful to get in touch with a number of letting agents who can keep you up to date with available properties; letting agent websites are often out of date and don’t show the latest offers, if you meet or speak to an agent they can inform you of properties that meet your requirements. There are a few things you should bear in mind when using such an agency:

Agencies cannot charge you for registering with them or for supplying addresses of available accommodation.

From 1 June 2019 agency fees will be banned.

You can check the agency you are using are members of ARLA (The Association of Residential Letting Agents) or NALS (The National Approved Lettings Scheme). If they are, they will have met good practice requirements and have more accountability than other letting agents. Each of these organisations lists its member letting agencies on its website. All letting agents have to be a member of a letting agent redress scheme which you can complain to if you have had issues with an agency.

Homestay/Host family accommodation

If searching for host family accommodation and/or short term lets, try Homestay London who works on behalf of London’s top universities, language schools, and educational institutions to supply accommodation to both UK and international students. Visit the HFS London website.


Private Accommodation

Lauren McKillop (Student Adviser, Faculty of Music)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8305 9350
Email: privatehousing@trinitylaban.ac.uk


McMillan Halls of Residence

Jennifer Asare (Student Adviser, Faculty of Dance)
Tel: +44 (0) 20 8305 9342
Email: studenthalls@trinitylaban.ac.uk

While the information and advice offered on this page is to the best of our knowledge accurate and up-to-date, we hold no responsibility or liability for any errors, omissions or inaccuracy in the information provided. Nor do we hold any responsibility for the content of any external sites hyperlinked to from this page. It is your responsibility to know the law and your rights regarding renting a room or whole property of any kind – whether in University or College Halls of Residence, Private Halls of Residence, Solo Accommodation, Shared Housing, or Lodging – and to take responsibility for your own decisions and consequently any arrangements made between you and a landlord, agent or other tenants.