- I've graduated from Trinity Laban. Can I still use the Laban Library?
- May I borrow from the library?
- How can I find out what's in stock at the library?
- Can I make photocopies?
- I'm an alumna/alumnus: how can I get hold of a video (e.g. a student performance) from a previous year?
- I'd like to donate some books/archives to Laban Library. Is this possible?
- You haven't answered my question!
Trinity Laban alumni are welcome to use Laban Library free of charge on a reference-only basis. This means you can consult the books, journals and DVDs, and many of our online resources within the library. You will not be able to borrow items, including AV/IT equipment, or access online resources from home.
To use the library, go to Reception at the faculty and let them know you would like to use the library. You will be asked to sign in.
Unless you are a current student or staff member of Trinity Laban, you cannot borrow items from Laban Library. This includes AV/IT equipment such as cameras and laptops. However, if there is a specific item you wish to borrow, you may be able to do so through the Inter-Library Loan scheme. Please contact your local public or academic library for more information.
Search the Laban Library catalogue. Viewing the details of an item will confirm whether or not a copy is currently available.
- Material can be copied for study purposes within the limits of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and our Copyright Licensing Agency licence.
- Guest copy cards are available from the library issue desk for almuni.
- Please note that alumni can use printing and copying facilities when the library is open for full services. Both facillities are unavailable on Sundays in term time and on both weekend days during vacations. See Laban Library opening times for further information.
- Charges per side of printing are 6p (A4) and 12p (A3) for black and white copies. Colour prints are 40p (A4) and 80p (A3) per side of printing.
I'm an alumna/alumnus: how can I get hold of a video (i.e. a student performance I was involved in) from a previous year?
We retain student performances from 2012 onwards indefinitely and we also have recordings of some earlier performances, which we may be able to provide to alumni for a fee. Please read the following information on how to request a file of your performance.
We are grateful for book donations. Please email a list to Librarians-Dance@trinitylaban.ac.uk. We will add suitable items to stock, and sell any items we do not add, then invest the income into further resources.
If your question isn't answered here or elsewhere on the website, please contact us with your enquiry by emailing Librarians-Dance@trinitylaban.ac.uk or calling +44 (0)20 8305 9333.