FAQs for Goldsmiths’ DMP students & staff
How can I use the library?
Go to the service desk on your first visit, with your Goldsmiths ID card and a completed Laban Library application form signed by Goldsmiths Library. We will process your application and you will be able to use your Goldsmiths ID as your Laban Library borrowing card. Present it to us whenever you wish to borrow. We can enable you to print / photocopy by other means. Charges per page are 6p (A4) and 12p (A3). Colour prints are 40p (A4) and 80p (A3) per page.
What can I borrow and for how long?
You can borrow 3 books, consisting of normal 2 week loans (unmarked) and/or one week loans (as indicated on the spine and date label). You can borrow up to 3 videos/DVDs for reference use in the library.
Books can be renewed up to 5 times, provided they have not been reserved by another library user.
Core teaching and the most in-demand texts have a 1-week loan period. These can still be renewed up to 5 times, provided they have not been reserved by another library user
Reference use in the library
DVDs & videos
Reference use in the library
Many of our DVDs/videos are available on our video streaming site only accessible on-site.
Are there library fines?
If books or other items are not returned by their due date, the following fines will apply:
Fine per day
CD, DVD and video
Are there any items that can't be taken out of the library?
Journals, theses, cuttings and DVDs are only available for use within the library. There is a small collection of reference-only books such as dictionaries and encyclopaedias. In addition, any books that have been placed on the "Tutor shelf" by course tutors cannot be borrowed and are for reference-only use.
How do I renew my books?
Books can be renewed up to 5 times unless they have been reserved by another library user. They become renewable 2 days before their due date.
You can renew your books by calling the library, emailing us, or by popping into the library.
How do I make photocopies? How can I print from the computers?
- You will need to borrow a guest card from the library's service desk and add printing credit on it. This is done at the service desk, where you need to add a minimum of £1.
- You will need to log on to the printer/photocopiers touching the card reader on the side of the machine with your guest card.
- You need to ensure that you have enough credit on your card for the printing/copying you need to do.
- Material can be copied for study purposes within the limits of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and our Copyright Licensing Agency licence.
- Charges per page are 6p (A4) and 12p (A3). Colour prints are 40p (A4) and 80p (A3) per page.
Where can I get help with finding resources?
At the service desk, which is staffed whenever the library is open for full services.
You haven't answered my question!
If your question isn't answered here or elsewhere on the website, please contact us with your enquiry by emailing Librarians-Dance@trinitylaban.ac.uk or calling +44 (0)20 8305 9333.