Professorial Staff: Academic Studies
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
The Music Faculty
King Charles Court
Old Royal Naval College
Tel: +44 (0)20 8305 4444
Email: [email protected]
Area of WorkStaff Conductor
Gregory has conducted regularly at Trinity Laban including performances of Nino Rota's Il cappello di paglia di Firenze , and UK stage premieres of Berthold Goldschmidt’s Beatrice Cenci , Virgil Thomson's Four Saints in Three Acts and Vanessa by Samuel Barber, and is a professor of conducting. He is Music Director of Jupiter Orchestra, Jupiter Singers, Singcircle and COMA London Ensemble, and has conducted the London Philharmonic, St Petersburg Symphony and Finnish Radio Symphony Orchestras, the national Symphony Orchestras of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania and orchestras throughout Eastern and Western Europe and the Far East.
Qualifications/ Educational Background
Before university he spent 5 months in Vienna studying 12 note technique with a former pupil of Schoenberg. Although he has not used this system in his own compositions this was a strong influence in his creative development. He studied violin, piano and singing as a young child and was a pupil of Hans Jelinek (Vienna Academy) and Egon Wellesz (Oxford University), both former students of Arnold Schoenberg, and of his father, the late Bernard Rose.
- Mouth Music, Trevor Wishart Anticredos, Simon Emmerson Ophelia's Dream Ii and Denis Smalley Pneuma with Singcircle
- Stockhausen Stimmung with Singcircle
- Gregory Rose, God's Strange Ways with Choir Of Magdalen College, Oxford
- Alejandro, ViñaoSon Entero with Singcircle
- Kurt Weill, Der Kuhhandel with West German Radio Orchestra & Choir
- Trevor Wishart, Anticredos with Singcircle
- Leoš Janácek, Suite For Strings, Idyll, Suite: On An Overgrown Path with Jupiter Orchestra
- Wayne Siegel, Devil's Golf Course, Eclipse with Aarhus Symfoniorkester, Singcircle
- Johan Nepomuk Hummel, Violin Concerto, Piano & Violin Concerto with Russian Philharmonic Orchestra
He has worked with composers including Stockhausen, Cage and Steve Reich and has made recordings for Chandos, Hyperion, Wergo, Continuum, Da Capo, October Music and Priory Records.