Craniosacral therapy is a gentle way of working with the body using light touch.
It is a non-mechanical, non-manipulative treatment. It is a subtle and profound form of healing which works with the whole person and promotes the body’s natural capacity for self-repair.Book Now
45 minute appointment – £46.50
60 minute appointment – £56.50
The work can help to address:
- Jaw problems
- Back problems
- Stress and anxiety
- Physical aches and pains
- Acute and chronic illness
- Emotional and psychological disturbances
- Develop wellbeing, health and vitality
When, for example, the body has had to cope with shock, long-term stress or illness, the natural state that promotes healing can become compromised. It is precisely this natural tendency which this holistic therapy can help to restore; not only physically but emotionally and spiritually.
Craniosacral Therapy is suitable for everyone. It is particularly suitable for people in fragile or acutely painful conditions.
- Your practitioner will take a written case history, listening to the reasons for your visit
- You remain clothed and will usually lie face up, on your side or you may be seated
- The practitioner makes light contact with your head, the base of your spine and other areas
- As your body functions as a whole, your practitioner may focus on areas other than where your symptoms occur
- Sessions can last either 45 minutes or 60 minutes
If you are booking your first appointment, we would recommend booking an hour session. If you are engaging in a series of treatments, you might find that 45minutes is enough time per session. If you are coming every 6 to 8 weeks, you might prefer to keep to the hour slot. Ultimately it is up to you and how you feel and can be discussed at the end of your first session.
- Treatment continues after you leave treatment room
- There is occasionally a short period of adjustment as part of the healing process where you may become more aware of symptoms
- As the treatment continues after you leave the treatment room it is advisable to spend some time relaxing
- For long-standing problems further sessions may be needed
Marina Collard B.C.S.T. I.A.B.T. registered member of C.S.T.A.
Marina Collard is a Biodynamic Craniosacral Therapist with a practice at Trinity Laban Health Clinic and in Oxford. Alongside her clinic work, Marina continues to work as a dancer, choreographer and teacher.
Now in her fourth year of practice, Marina is currently an assistant on the ‘Body Intelligence’ Biodynamic Craniosacral Training in London. Marina has also been leading a movement research group with cranio-sacral therapists and dance artists, incorporating her two passions.
Last autumn Marina was invited by Independent Dance to lead a workshop for dancers and body workers. The aim of this workshop was to introduce some of the fundamental principles of cranio-sacral work and explore how these could support the body in movement for dancers and non dancers. Since then Marina has been involved in co-teaching a postgraduate course for cranio-sacral therapists.
Marina’s treatment approach is informed by her career in dance and her own experience of receiving a wide range of treatments throughout that time. Marina enjoys working both as a dance artist and therapist as she finds that each of those practices inform one another and enrich, as well as deepen, her curiosity about the body.