We have 90 rooms available to book at McMillan Student Village for Dance Summer School participants
The McMillan Student Village is near to Greenwich’s cafés, bars, restaurants, food and craft markets, culture, and national heritage. It is located just a short walk away from the centre of Greenwich and offers a safe and comfortable community environment.
As there are normally up to 200 participants taking part in the Dance Summer School and 90 rooms available. They book fast, so we advise that you book early.
It is important to note that as these are halls of residence there are normally other groups residing at the site during the two weeks. This can make the student village fairly busy and noisy.
McMillan Student Village
- The accommodation comprises of a single ensuite room with a bed, wardrobe and study desk.
- You can check in from 14.00 on Sunday 19 July and check out by 10.00 on Sat 1 August
- Each room has ensuite facilities, including a shower, toilet, and sink.
- Each room is on a corridor with the use of a fully fitted shared kitchen with fridge, oven, and microwave. The accommodation is self-catering – food is not included. Participants may also use the Café facilities at the Laban Building.
- Bedding, towels, and kitchen utensils are provided; bedding and towels will be changed once a week. You may like to bring an extra towel to use in the showers in the Laban Building.
- There are washing machines and drying facilities located at McMillan Student Village. Please contact the Reception at McMillan Student Village for further information.
Please note it is not possible to book a double room. All rooms are single rooms and must only be occupied by one person.
The total cost for a room at the McMillan Student Village during the Dance Summer School is: £670
You can pay in full to secure the room, or in two installments – 1st Installment of £470 and the remaining balance of £200 (due by 1st May). The full accommodation payment of £670 must be received in full by 1 May 2020.
16-18 year olds staying at the McMillan Student Village
The Dance Summer School is primarily designed for adults. However, every year we are pleased to welcome young people from the ages of 16 to 18 as they can benefit from the adult environment and level of dance training. We do wish to make clear that all Dance Summer School participants, regardless of age, have the independence to come and go as they wish and we do not provide any special supervision for those participants under the age of 18. We have Dance Summer School assistants living at McMillan Student Village during the two weeks, but their role is to help in case of emergencies and they do not function in loco parentis, either at the accommodation or at the Laban Building for the two-week course.
- For information on alternative accommodation in the local area, please visit the Visit Greenwich website.