In this section you will find links to useful resources and information relevant to working as a dance teacher or leader.
Resources and Information
One Dance UK Dance has created a document Teaching Pathways: Guidance on routes into teaching and qualifications and flow chart setting out the dance teaching qualifications that are on offer and their suggested ‘best practice’ routes into teaching for both formal (education) and informal (community/youth) sectors.
Finding advertised opportunties in dance teaching and leading:
- People Dancing - Foundation for Community Dance - a good source of advertised positions
- One Dance UK - jobs, auditions and opportunities
Other websites that include details of vacancies for dance teachers and leaders:
- The Place - JUICE - an online resource for dance professionals, which includes a listing of jobs and auditions
- London Dance - sign up free to access dance related jobs, including some in dance teaching and leading
- The Stage - includes some teaching and education posts
Vacancies in schools:
Insurance Cover for Dance Teachers and Leaders
Professional Individual Membership of People Dancing - Foundation for Community Dance includes Public Liability and Professional Indemnity insurance cover up to £10m, Legal Expenses and Personal Accident cover.
One Dance UK offer membership packages to students and to individuals that include discounted public liability insurance.
Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Check
Here you will find advice on obtaining a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check if you are interested in working with children and/or vulnerable adults and wish to gain employment or work experience doing so. The Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) is now called the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) - CRB checks are now called DBS checks.