This document has been developed jointly by Trinity Laban and its Student Union.
It aims to set out the respective responsibilities of the institution and students, acting as a signpost to further, more detailed information elsewhere.
For further guidance please see Student Services, Registry, the Student Union, and other published documentation advised below.
By admitting you onto a programme of study, Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance agrees to:
- provide access to the range of learning opportunities within each module/component appropriate to the level of the qualification, as described in the relevant Programme Handbook.
- provide access to appropriate student support services i.e. Student wellbeing and financial advice, Counselling services, Disability advice, Careers advice, Learning and Teaching support, Health, and International support. See: Student Services area on Moodle
- provide and promote a culture of mutual respect between staff and students. See: open Equality and Diversity Policy
- adhere to the policies, procedures and regulations adopted by Trinity Laban Academic Board and the Board of Governors.
See: Link to: Our Policies and Procedures
- provide suitably qualified staff who will attend all timetabled sessions punctually, inform students when staff are not available, and provide alternative staffing where possible.
- provide access to suitable equipment and facilities, with guidance on how they can be booked by students when necessary.
- provide opportunities to review individual progress and provide feedback within published timescales. See: Policy on feedback on assessed work
- provide opportunities for students to express their views on all aspects of the learning experience, for example via representation on formal decision-making committees and component/module/programme surveys.
- provide a clear process for the handling of complaints and appeals that deals with the issues raised in a timely manner. See: Complaints, Appeals and Disciplinary Procedures
By enrolling on a programme of study at Trinity Laban, the student agrees to:
- engage fully with all aspects of the programme, contribute actively to the learning environment and take full responsibility for their learning and progress with the support of relevant staff.
- adhere to all Trinity Laban policies, procedures and regulations as outlined in the Programme Handbooks and other Trinity Laban and Faculty-specific documents. See: Student Handbook section on Moodle
- take personal responsibility to be fully prepared for all classes and, in the case of practical classes and performances, be appropriately warmed up in advance, tuned and/or dressed appropriately.
- attend all timetabled activities, including rehearsals and performances punctually.
- follow the procedures for injury/illness outlined in the Programme Handbook, liaising with staff where necessary to determine whether it is appropriate to observe classes or rehearsals when unable to participate fully.
- submit work for assessment promptly by the given deadline and be present for practical assessments at the published time, or follow procedures for requesting an extension/deferral where necessary.
See: Mitigating Circumstances section in your Programme Handbook
- pay, by the due date, any monies due to Trinity Laban. Students in debt to Trinity Laban may not be allowed to progress or receive an award.
- seek appropriate authorisation from Trinity Laban to attend interviews, auditions or to participate in any extra-curricular activities which require you to be absent from a timetabled session.
- adhere to departmental protocols concerning the loan and return of shared learning resources such as equipment, instruments, library resources and/or other materials.