Scholarships are a way to reward, encourage, and assist students in pursuing their degree.
They are awarded:
- for outstanding performance ability, demonstrated at audition;
- for particular disciplines (e.g. shortage instruments); and
- in the form of a reduction in fees.
The majority of awards are partial tuition awards but Trinity Laban also offers some full tuition awards to especially gifted musicians who participate in our live auditions.
Further information relating to music and dance specific awards can be found below.
All applicants to the conservatoire's music programmes will be automatically considered for scholarships through our audition process - you do not need to apply for these.
- The Kathleen Creed Scholarship (tenor) is a partial scholarship award for a tenor's studies at Trinity Laban.
- The Leverhulme Trust Scholarship (Musical Theatre) are a number of bursaries for undergraduate musical theatre students
- The Loveday Scholarship is one of Trinity Laban's most prestigious scholarship awards, offers a postgraduate student a full-fee award undertaking full time study in either the Keyboard, Strings or Wind, Brass and Percussion Department
- The Alfred Kitchin Scholarship (piano) for an accomplished postgraduate pianist from outside of the European Union (non-EEA) and an accomplished postgraduate pianist from the United Kingdom or European Union (EEA)
Other music scholarships and awards include:
- The Trinity Laban Scholarships for Postgraduate Brass
- The Mean-Time Scholarship for Postgraduate Composition
- The Mean-Time Scholarships for Postgraduate Jazz
- The Archer Scholarship for Postgraduate Jazz
- The Trinity Laban Scholarships for Postgraduate Percussion
- The Martha Argerich Scholarship for Postgraduate Piano
- The Trinity Laban Scholarships for Postgraduate Strings
- The Trinity Laban Scholarships for Postgraduate Woodwind
- The Trinity Laban Scholarships for Postgraduate Voice
- The Kathleen Roberts Vocal Scholarship for Postgraduate Singers
- The Lesley-Anne Sayers Research Award for Postgraduate Music or Dance
Scholarships and awards include:
- Leverhulme Arts Scholarship
- Trinity Laban Dance Awards
- Gill Clarke Bursary offered by Independent Dance
Read more about the Dance Awards and how to apply.