The BA (Hons) in Musical Theatre Performance is a unique, three-year degree designed to enable you to develop the skills, attributes and knowledge necessary for a career as a creative entrepreneur and artist in the musical theatre industry.
- Support and guide your development in preparation for a career in the professional musical theatre industry
- Empower students to operate as creative entrepreneurs
- Foster the development of graduates able to make and perform musical theatre works that reflect, interrogate and/or enrich society
- Enable you to value, have confidence in, articulate and execute your own artistic choices
- Support your development as an independent learner able to recognise and realise your own intellectual, creative and practical potential
- Facilitate your learning from professional musical theatre practitioners
- Enable you to understand the range of creative roles within musical theatre and how these might inform future employability
- Nurture your collaborative and leadership skills.
- All students receive individual vocal tuition, as well as group coaching in singing, dance training (ballet, jazz, contemporary) and acting (including voice coaching)
All of the modules in Part One (Year One) are core and mandatory. In Part Two (Years Two and Three) All students have the opportunity to explore different aspects of the musical theatre industry through the Specialist Options modules (two options out of three offered to be taken in Year Two) as well as undertaking an Independent Project
You will work in a range of collaborative artistic settings in conjunction with a wide range of leading industry professionals
There will be at least three public performance opportunities within each year of study at external venues around London as well as within Trinity Laban
The programme also provides access to Trinity Laban's unique Collaboration Lab (CoLab), an exceptional learning space in which you will be encouraged to take creative risks and explore the boundaries of your art form in collaboration with staff and students from across Trinity Laban, leading artists from across the artistic spectrum and many of our professional partner organisations.
Skills and Techniques 1
Performance Projects 1
Skills and Techniques 2
Performance Projects 2
Professional Performer 1
Professional Performer 2
Creative Research Project
What do I need To apply?
- 3 GCSEs (including English Language) at Grade C or above
- Two A level passes (Performing Arts subject preferred)
- Equivalent Qualifications/Experience Equivalent qualifications (including BTEC/NVQ etc.) and/or relevant prior experience may be considered
- English Language competency requirements also apply