Your reasons to study Dance at Trinity Laban
Unrivalled professional training, exceptional performance opportunities and outstanding facilities in the award-winning Laban building.How to Apply
1. One of the top universities for graduate employment in the UK
Trinity Laban undergraduates are consistently amongst the highest of all UK universities and conservatoires for rate of employment and further study.
2. Prepare for a career as a professional dance artist
Our BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance programme equips students with the technique and skills to become professional dance artists.
3. Train in a range of contemporary techniques and classical ballet as part of your daily schedule
Find out more about the training within our rigorous BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance programme.BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance
4. Enjoy the award-winning Laban Building and the world class facilities it has to offer.
Designed specifically for dance, our Laban Building houses 13 large studios, a pilates and conditioning studio, a 300-seat Laban Theatre, various other performance spaces, a dance science laboratory, and more.Find out more
5. Perform every year in our 300 seat capacity Laban Theatre…
Student performances occur throughout the year at Laban Theatre alongside a programme of visiting international companies, all of which are open to the public as well as students.
6. Mock auditions take place in 3rd year...
Companies such as Company Wayne McGregor, DV8, Hofesh Shechter, Phoenix Dance Theatre, and more, come in to take class and teach reptoire to provide audition experience.
7. Alumni success
Current students and alumni are performing in companies including Company Wayne McGregor, Phoenix Dance Theatre, BalletBoyz, Richard Alston Dance Company, Matthew Bourne's New Adventures, Sydney Dance Theatre, Candoco, and more! World renowned choreographers include Lea Anderson, Sir Matthew Bourne and Joss Arnott who all studied at Trinity Laban.Trinity Laban dance students cast in Matthew Bourne’s Romeo and Juliet
8. Rigorous training to allow you to grow as a technical, versatile and creative dance artist
Grow in technique, and creative and choreographic practice, and learn about the analytical side of dance.
9. Learn from and work with artistic leaders and choreographer from the dance world
You're taught by teachers who have and still are performing in the world's top contemporary dance companies, as well as world renowned choreographers from the present and past.View Staff
What our students say
Jordan-Lee Pirrie, BA (Hons) Contemporary Dance
10. Opportunities are unexpected and endless!
...from filming music videos for Jools Holland to full-length BBC documentaries.Watch
11. Be part of a close-knit international community
Hear Katie’s story about being part of the TL family.Katie's Story
How to Apply
Find out more on how to applyDance Applications
Dance at Trinity Laban
Dance Study Programmes Available
Diploma Programmes Dance Programmes
Undergraduate Dance Programmes
Professional Development Dance Programmes
Postgraduate Dance Programmes
- MFA Dance Science
- MSc Dance Science
- MA/MFA Creative Practice: Transdisciplinary
- MA/MFA Creative Practice: Dance Professional Practice
- MA/MFA Choreography
- Postgraduate Diploma: Community Dance
- MA/MFA Dance Performance (Transitions Dance Company)
- Research Degree Programme: MPhil/PhD in Dance/Music/Collaborative Arts