Great reasons to study Music Education at Trinity Laban
To study Music Education at Trinity Laban is to be part of a dynamic community of practitioners engaged in an exciting and constantly changing professional worldHow to Apply
1. Prepare for today's music education profession
Be part of a dynamic community of practitioners engaged in an exciting and constantly changing professional world.
2. Get 60 days of professional placement
Placement-based learning will prepare you to teach across many contexts, from instrumental, vocal or classroom teaching to community music and arts organisations.
3. Learn with inspirational teaching staff
The professorial staff on the Music Education programme are experts in their field.
Between them, they have worked with organisations such as Guildhall School of Music & Drama; UCL Institute of Education; Sage Gateshead.
4. Graduate with the skills for a career in Music Education
Our programmes will prepare you to work in a wide variety of contexts. Graduates might work as a private or employed instrumental or vocal teacher, as a specialist music teacher in a school setting, or as a community musician.
Graduates who want to obtain Qualified Teacher Status can go on to obtain a PGCE.
5. Study in London
As a Trinity Laban student, you can take advantage of London: the global, vibrant and diverse UK capital.
6. Work alongside the Trinity Laban music and dance community
Every year, over 800 students from across the Faculties of music and dance come together as part of CoLab.
7. Get access 1-1 instrumental and vocal lessons with Trinity Laban teaching staff
Music Education students have access to our renowned instrumental and vocal teaching staff, and to the faculty’s many outstanding ensembles.
8. Discover a hugely varied and exciting undergraduate programme
Learning in the department rarely involves conventional lectures, but includes discussion, questioning, practical examples and student-led work.
10. Receive world-class teaching
Trinity Laban was one of just 17 universities from around the world to be announced as a finalist in the Global Teaching Excellence Awards (GTEA) 2018.
9. Connect with our fantastic Learning and Participation team
Students on the Music Education programme will have the opportunity to work closely with our Learning & Participation team, who make a huge contribution to the cultural life of South East London.