Who Is This Programme For?
Our Postgraduate Advanced Diploma is suitable for advanced postgraduates who have already completed a Masters degree or PG Diploma and who wish to take their already strong skills to the highest possible level.
This programme can be taken on a full-time basis for one year or a part-time basis over two years.
- The Professional Studies module will be at the core of your learning experience. You will work with your instrumental, vocal or composition teacher and Head of Department to create a personalised route through the module, combining individual and small group tuition with major performance opportunities in both chamber and large ensemble contexts
- All students benefit from intensive individualised tuition in their Principal Study discipline. Each instrumental and vocal student receives one hour of one to one tuition each week enhanced by regular small group lessons/classes
- Individual Principal Study Enhancement lessons on a related, complementary or doubling instrument. Vocal students typically dedicate their Principal Study enhancement time to vocal coaching. Composition students receive a balanced combination of individual and small group lessons, and are encouraged to dedicate their Principal Study enhancement lessons to instrumental or vocal training, or pursuit of a complementary discipline such as music technology or conducting.
- You will also develop a Professional Portfolio. Personalised career tutorials and our professional mentor scheme will enable you to develop as a versatile and rounded musician, well equipped for the challenges of the music profession.
- The Advanced Diploma also provides access to Trinity Laban's unique Collaboration Lab (CoLab), an exceptional learning space in which you will be encouraged to take creative risks and explore the boundaries of your art form in collaboration with staff and students from across Trinity Laban, leading artists from across the artistic spectrum and many of our professional partner organisations
For more details please contact Jonathan Tilbrook
What Do I Need To Apply?
- A recognised Postgraduate Diploma or Masters Degree