Who Is This Programme For?
If you have not yet completed a Master's programme and want to spend a dedicated period focused on developing your performance or composition skills and becoming an informed and engaged musician, the Postgraduate Diploma is ideally suited to your needs.
This programme can be taken on a full-time basis for one year or a part-time basis over two years.
- The Professional Studies module will be at the centre of your learning experience. This module will combine individual and small group tuition with major performance opportunities in both chamber and large ensemble contexts.
- The Research Lab module provides a foundation for postgraduate-level thinking and self-evaluation that will underpin all aspects of your programme.
- The programme also offers a range of elective options, through which you will be able to develop and explore subjects appropriate to your developing artistic profile and which will enhance your employability in the professional world. These options will usually include:
Arranging and Musical Techniques
Music Pedagogy for the 21st Century
Psychology in Music Performance
- You will also take part in Trinity Laban's unique Collaboration Lab (CoLab). This is an exceptional learning space in which you will be encouraged to take creative risks and explore the boundaries of your art form in collaboration with staff and students from across Trinity Laban, leading artists from across the artistic spectrum and many of our professional partner organisations.
For more detail have a look at our current Programme Specification.
“My technique has improved tenfold, definitely. When you come to London and you study with professionals who are at the top of their game…you have no option, you do improve!”
Joe Harper, Postgraduate Diploma Oboe student
What Do I Need To Apply?
- Undergraduate Degree: high 2:2 pass in a BMus (Hons) or equivalent, with 2:1 in any performance element
- Or a recognised Performer's Diploma (such as LTCL, LRAM, LRSM, ARCM, etc.)