Apply for up to £750 to support your creative digital project
This award is offered to musicians and dance artists with a grant of up to £750 to help set yourself up and support your work in the digital world.
COVID-19 lockdown has cut many of the normal income streams and forced artists to create new and imaginative formats communicating their work. With change comes emerging markets, and the change happens in ways that we can’t predict. Projects arising from creative ingenuity cost money and often require a vital piece of equipment such as a microphone, an audio interface, a laptop, professional support services or marketing and promotional materials.
The Trinity Laban Go DigiTL Microgrant is designed to support individuals with a one-off injection of cash to help. We will also offer successful applicants practical support through showcasing their work online and offering other relevant support/guidance as needed.
- To offer financial support to musicians and dance artists living in Lewisham or Greenwich;
- To nurture creative innovation;
- To identify and strengthen artistic relationships between Trinity Laban and the local community;
- To promote a conversation and community of practice around post-pandemic artistic practice.
How to apply
Applications are made through the online form.
Closing date; Monday 13 July 2020.
You will be expected to tell us about yourself, how you will use the money and how the grant will help you. You will need to provide your address in Lewisham or Greenwich and a current bank account for payment.
You can apply for an award of up to £750.
After the closing date, the TL Panel will convene to assess the applications. Successful applicants will be notified in the week commencing the 20 July 2020.
The award is not available to current TL Students or staff.
The award will be made according to the following criteria:
- Demonstrates viability and sustainability for a digital initiative;
- Demonstrates social and economic benefit.
- Promotes equality and human rights;
- Applicants must be resident in Lewisham or Greenwich and eligible for work in the UK.
- Purchase a vital piece of equipment that can make all the difference;
- Start-up costs for digital platforms;
- Equipment such as a microphone, webcam, laptop, audio interface and software;
- Equipment to make your work more accessible;
- Initiatives that support the making of music and dance in Lewisham and Greenwich;
- Professional fees (third party) such as mentoring, technical support.
The microgrant selection panel will consist of Trinity Laban dance and music staff.
All successful applicants are expected to:
- Acknowledge Trinity Laban as a part of the scheme;
- Provide marketing materials to be used to promote the award including an image and short statement;
- Take part in an online forum/conversation about your artistic practice;
- We will ask you to write a few lines to evaluate the effectiveness of the microgrant.
The award will be announced by week commencing 20 July 2020. Closing date for applications is 13 July 2020.
If you have any further questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org