Welcome to the UK's largest open access specialist dance collection.
DISCOVER LIBRARY RESOURCES
We have a vast amount of information on most aspects of dance, including ballet, contemporary dance, choreography, dance health, and dance teaching. Additionally we have a growing collection of contextual material in support of the programmes of study here. Subject areas include; fine arts, sociology, education, philosophy, history.
The majority of our resources can be searched via our online catalogue.
THE MAIN COLLECTION : A SUMMARY
- The Library holds over 18,000 books, reports, conference proceedings and pamphlets. We also have a growing number of e-book titles, which are accessible on and offsite to our students.
- There are over 350 print journal titles with some dating back many years, e.g. Dancing Times from 1921 and Dance Magazine from 1942. The Library also has a growing collection of e-journals.
- The Library has over 3000 videos, more than 900 DVDs, 800 music CDs.
- An institutional video-streaming site allows students to view and download their class videos on-site. It also provides students with access to dance-related TV broadcasts, the Videoworks collection, as well as student and professional performances held at Laban.
- The Videoworks collection: the collection comprises recordings from The Place of performances between 1990 and 1995.
- All students and staff on City University validated courses have access to City University Library electronic resources, such as JSTOR, Web of Knowledge and PsycINFO. Trinity Laban students on City accredited courses also able to borrow books from City University libraries.