Junior Trinity offers students the opportunity to follow one- and two-year academic courses in Music leading to GCSE and A-Level qualifications.
Junior Trinity is an examination centre for Pearson Edexcel and has been teaching examination courses on Saturdays for twenty years. This thorough musical education involves the development of a range of academic disciplines, giving insights into historical context, techniques of harmony and composition and appraising music. Students also benefit from the support of a highly-experienced and well-qualified team of specialised teachers.
The courses are an excellent foundation for any student who would like to widen their experience of the academic study of the subject and are an ideal preparation for higher education courses in music.
Our results are exceptional
- Since 2018 all our GCSE candidates have achieved Grade 6 or higher, with 89% awarded Grades 9, 8 or 7.
- Since 2018 all our A-Level candidates have achieved Grade C or higher, with 75% awarded A*, A or B.
- In 2020 six of our GCSE candidates achieved ‘9’ and seven of our A-Level candidates achieved A*.
The courses are intensive. Classes take place during Saturday mornings and early afternoons:
- GCSE students have two classes for the study of set works, with a further 1½ hours allocated to composition coursework.
- A-Level students have four classes covering set works, harmony and listening, and an additional one-to-one tutorial with a specialist composer to supervise composition coursework.
Part of our A-Level cohort follows our unique course: A-Level Music by distance-learning. Students study in small groups through class lessons online during the week and they also have additional tutorials with a specialist composer.
What our students and parents say:
I just wanted to say how impressed as parents we have been with the running of the whole course.
It has been heart-warming for us to have felt so supported by you and all the staff at Junior Trinity.
I wanted to express my gratitude to you for all your help and support this academic year. I have thoroughly enjoyed the course, and I consider that I have progressed considerably.
Thank you for everything over the past two years. I really loved the course!
I am proud of what I achieved during the A-Level music course at Junior Trinity, as I feel I was able to excel in all parts of the course due to the support from all my teachers, who pushed me to achieve my full potential.