Skip to main content

All undergraduate and postgraduate students pay tuition fees annually to cover the costs of studying at Trinity Laban.

These vary from programme to programme and depend on whether you are a Home or International student.
There are many ways to fund your studies, and it can often be hard to know where to start. We have provided some information on student loans, alternative funding opportunities and advice on funding applications.


External Funding

Much of the information provided here aims to help you explore what funding might be available to you from those charitable trusts and foundations that award funding to individuals for education and training.

Trusts and foundations are diverse in their approach to funding individuals and each will normally provide clear and concise funding guidelines, both in terms of who is eligible to apply and in terms of what they will fund (i.e. whether this is help towards tuition fees, maintenance (living costs), purchase of a musical instrument, or travel costs).

The amount that each trust awards to individuals will vary; it is likely that you will need to apply to a range of trusts to make up any deficit in your funding.

Please be aware that many trusts have early deadlines, so you will need to allow plenty of time and start your funding search well in advance of the academic year for which you require financial support. You may find it more difficult, therefore, if you are looking for funding towards the current academic year; however, some trusts will accept applications submitted at any time of the year.


You may be eligible for a student loan:

Student Loans

You may be eligible for a student loan if you are a Home student.

You may also be entitled to apply for a maintenance loan or grant to help cover your living costs.

Postgraduate students may be eligible for a postgraduate loan.


AHRC Applications

No AHRC funding is available to Trinity Laban MPhil/PhD Level students.

Please note that any funding obtained by Trinity Laban for PhD Level study will be advertised on

Advice From Staff In The Student Services Department

If you are already enrolled on a programme of study at Trinity Laban and you are experiencing financial difficulties, the Student Services Department are able to offer a limited amount of financial support towards living costs (not tuition fees) through various hardship funds to which eligible students can apply. Student Advisers can also offer advice to current students about other possible sources of financial assistance external to Trinity Laban, including making applications to trusts and foundations.

Molly Smyth – Student Adviser, Faculty of Music / 020 8305 4414


Jennifer Asare – Student Adviser, Faculty of Dance / 020 8305 9342

Student Aanu Sodipe smiling and holding a violin