Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance needs to process certain information about its employees, students and other individuals and, in so doing, must comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals (known, unsurprisingly, as the lawfulness, fairness and transparency principle);
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data.
The Institution and all staff or others who process or use any personal information must ensure that the data protection principles and the law under GDPR are followed and fully implemented. In order to facilitate this, Trinity Laban has developed a code of practice on data protection. The references to personal data made within this document apply to all data held on individuals within Trinity Laban, not just students and staff.
Visit the Information Commissioner’s Office website
Download the Data Protection Policy
Subject Access Rights
If you want to find out what information the Institution holds about you, you can:
- Read our Subject Access Request Procedures
- Submit a request using the Subject Access Request form
HESA Collection Notices
The Higher Education Statistics Agency Limited (HESA) is the body responsible for collecting and disseminating information about higher education in the UK and the designated data body for England (see www.hesa.ac.uk/about for more information). HESA is a Controller of your information.
Reference to “your provider” refers to Trinity Laban. This notice relates to information about you which will be collected by your provider and passed to HESA and to other organisations as described below.
This notice is applicable to the 2021/22 academic year. It is also applicable to data collected in previous academic years and retained by HESA. See Categories of information submitted to HESA, including Special Categories of data, below, for more information about the categories of data that will be collected in 2021/22 and that have been collected in previous years.