Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance welcomes enquiries and applications from disabled students.
Candidates will be judged solely on their technical and academic potential, and on the appropriateness of the chosen programme to meet your needs.
Trinity Laban has considerable experience in supporting students with a range of disabilities including sensory impairment, neuro-diverse conditions, mental health difficulties, long-term illness and access requirements.
Before You Apply
Trinity Laban invites disabled applicants to contact the Head of Student Services & Accessibility to discuss any particular requirements you may have in relation to your enquiry, application or audition, and interview.
Questionnaire for New Students
Before students start on a course they are asked to complete the below online questionnaire:
- One-to-one support
- Help claiming benefits
- Dyslexia support
- On-site needs assessments
- Traffic-free sites, automatic doors
- Lifts with spoken announcements
- Accessible accommodation
- Wheelchair accessible local transport
- Flexible timetabling
- Extra time for some assessments
- Accessible assessment methods
- Reasonable adjustments to accommodate needs
- Disability awareness training for staff
- Confidential disclosure process
- Written guidance for staff
- Braille technology
- Adjustable workstation
- Specialist dyslexia software on all computers
- Loan extensions
- Proxy borrowing
- Access to eBooks via RNIB Bookstore
Disabled Students’ Allowance (23/24)
As a higher education student living in England, you can apply for a Disabled Students’ Allowance (DSA) if you have a:
- long-term health condition;
- mental health condition; and/or
- specific learning difference such as dyslexia
Below is a link to the form you will need to complete to applied for DSA, there are specific to your funding body.
International Disabled Students
There may be some funding which is specific to your country, it is worth getting in touch to check whether or not you country has any specific schemes in place.
Head of Student Services & Accessibility