The Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts is one of the jewels in Trinity Laban's crown
The library supports Trinity Laban’s mission to bring together performers and practitioners to train, collaborate, research and perform in inspiring creative, intellectual and physical spaces. Our core objective is to provide the music information, resources, and materials that students and staff require.
We are also a research library with collections of international significance - including rare and in some cases unique items - all of which are available for study and research. Most of these collections include material that could be used as the basis of a dissertation or thesis, or for researching unusual repertoire.
Winner of a 2019 IAML (UK & Irl) Excellence Award for Music Libraries. Previous award-winners in 2014 and 2010.
Search the Jerwood Library catalogue to find physical items in the library, including books, sheet music, and recordings.
Quick links for students and staff (TL IT login required)
- Use our online research tool QuickSearch to find online recordings and research.
- Check your library account and renew your items on the Jerwood Library catalogue.
- The Jerwood Library Information page on Moodle contains further information about the library and guides to research and using the library's resources.
- Like the Jerwood Library on Facebook
- Follow the Jerwood Library on Twitter
- Read the Jerwood Library blog
The Jerwood Library's opening hours are as follows:
|TERM-TIME OPENING HOURS|
Monday to Thursday
09.00h - 19.00h
09.00h - 17.00h
10.00h - 15.00h
Sundays and Bank Holidays
|WINTER 2019 OPENING HOURS|
Monday 9 - Friday 13 December
09.00h - 17.00h
Monday 16 - Thursday 19 December
11.00h - 13.00h; 15.00h - 17.00h
Friday 20 December - Wednesday 1 January 2020
Thursday 2 - Friday 3 January
11.00h - 13.00h, 15.00h - 17.00h
Saturday 4 January
Monday 6 January onwards
Term-time opening hours resume
- 75 study spaces
- 35 PCs including several modified for users with visual impairment and/or dyslexia
- All PCs have a suite of software including Microsoft Office, Sibelius, Auralia, and Musition
- Audio-visual stations for use of CDs, DVDs, videos, LPs etc.
- 3 library catalogue terminals (online access is also available)
- A Clavinova for playing through scores
- Self-service photocopying, printing, and binding
- Training and assistance in using library resources and software
- Student email and file storage
Location and access
The Jerwood Library is located on the second floor of the East Wing of King Charles Court (the Music Faculty building). For directions to King Charles Court please see the Find Us section of the website.
Step-free access is available throughout the East Wing. An induction loop for hearing aid wearers is available at the library desk. If you have other access needs please contact the library for advice.