Discover Library Resources
To find materials in the library's collection of books, music and audio-visual material search the Jerwood Library catalogue.
To find out if the library holds a particular journal, check our A-Z journal list. Printed and electronic journal subscriptions held by both the Jerwood Library (Faculty of Music) and Laban Library (Faculty of Dance) can be found on this list.
The catalogue contains information about everything in the main collection except some LPs and the contents of collected editions. The contents of several special collections are also included; please see the Archives and Special Collections page for details.
The Main Collection: A Summary
- Over 70000 items of printed music consisting of full and miniature scores, solo, vocal, chamber, small ensemble and jazz sets. View a list of recent printed music acquisitions.
- The remarkable Alan Cave chamber music collection numbering around 2000 sets of parts, principally wind chamber music but also music for wind and strings or brass. This complements our growing collection of chamber sets available to students and staff.
- Over 30000 digital scores supplied by Alexander Street Press (Classical Scores Library, Volumes I and II).
- The scholarly collected editions of over 25 composers.
- A complete set of the Orchestra Musician's CD-ROM Library: a collection of CD-ROMs containing out-of-copyright orchestral parts for hundreds of works by over 70 composers, allowing students to print their own parts for practice and study.
- Around 12000 books, mainly on musical subjects but also in related subject areas, putting music in a wider context. View a list of recent book acquisitions.
- Access to a range of online text-based resources, including Grove, JSTOR, RILM and a collection of e-journals. Trinity Laban's QuickSearch discovery service allows cross-searching of many online resources simultaneously.
- A reference collection including music dictionaries, encyclopaedias, catalogues and bibliographies.
- Subscriptions to over 90 periodicals and newspapers, including a growing number of e-journals.
- Over 14000 sound recordings. View a list of recent audio and video recording acquisitions.
- Over 1000 DVDs and videos.
- Online audio and video resources including Naxos Music Library, Opera in Video and Jazz Music Library.
- Online Resources: an introduction to online resources available through Jerwood Library subscriptions and a selection of free music resources recommended by library staff.
- Special Collections: information about collections large and small which are unique to the Jerwood Library.
- The Jerwood Library Collection Management Policy: a document detailing the current nature and scope of the library's collections, and setting out the library's guiding principles and priorities for planning the growth and maintenance of its collections.