The Jerwood Library of the Performing Arts is one of the jewels in Trinity Laban’s crown
The library supports Trinity Laban’s mission to bring together performers and practitioners to train, collaborate, research and perform in inspiring creative, intellectual and physical spaces. Our core objective is to provide the music information, resources, and materials that students and staff require.
We are also a research library with collections of international significance – including rare and in some cases unique items – all of which are available for study and research. Most of these collections include material that could be used as the basis of a dissertation or thesis, or for researching unusual repertoire.
Winner of a 2019 IAML (UK & Irl) Excellence Award for Music Libraries. Previous award-winners in 2014 and 2010.
Use Jerwood Library Search to find physical items in the library, including books, sheet music, and recordings as well as online resources via the separate tab on the results page.
Quick links for students and staff (TL login required)
- Use our online research tool QuickSearch to find online recordings and research.
- Check your library account and renew your items on Jerwood Library Search
- The Jerwood Library Information page on Moodle contains further information about the library and guides to research and using the library’s resources.
- Read the Jerwood Library blog
- Follow the Jerwood Library on Twitter
- Like the Jerwood Library on Facebook
The Jerwood Library space is currently closed to visitors due to Covid-19.
Current students can access the library for pre-booked study only, Monday to Friday 2-4pm. Further information about booking a study desk is available on Moodle (current TL login required).
Library items can be borrowed by current students and staff via our Click and Collect service (current TL login required).
Library staff are mainly working remotely. Our availability for enquiries by email, web chat and phone is as follows:
|Library staff contact hours|
|Monday to Thursday||09.00 – 19.00|
|Friday||09.00 – 17.00|
|Saturday||10.00 – 15.00|
|Sunday and Bank Holidays||Closed|
- Study spaces
- PCs including several modified for users with visual impairment and/or dyslexia
- All PCs have a suite of software including Microsoft Office, Sibelius, Auralia, and Musition
- Self-service photocopying, printing and scanning
- Training and assistance in using library resources and software
- Student email and file storage
Location and access
The Jerwood Library is located on the second floor of the East Wing of King Charles Court (the Music Faculty building). For directions to King Charles Court please see the Find Us section of the website.
Step-free access is available throughout the East Wing. An induction loop for hearing aid wearers is available at the library desk. If you have other access needs please contact the library for advice.