Who Is This Programme For?
The MFA Creative Practice programme is designed for graduates who wish to develop their musical and creative practice through an extended period of postgraduate study leading to a significant creative output (performance or composition based) by the conclusion of the degree.
This programme can be taken on a full-time basis for three years or a part-time basis over six years (for 2016/17 entry onwards).
- The first two full-time years of the programme (or four years if you are studying part-time) are the same as the MMus programme.
- The third full-time year (or fifth and sixth years if studying part-time) consists of a dedicated programme of independent learning based on practice-based activity supported by Principal Study lessons and dedicated academic supervision.
- During this final third of your MFA programme, you will develop an extended project, or series of projects, which investigates particular aspects of creative musical practice. The presentation of your project, or projects, will demonstrate your capacity to research, develop and realise your ideas.
What Do I Need To Apply?
- High 2:1 pass in a BMus (Hons) or equivalent
- Or recognised Performer's Diploma (such as LTCL, LRAM, LRSM, ARCM, etc)
- Equivalent qualifications and/or relevant prior experience may be considered