Find out more
From 20 – 31 July, our Young Musicians’ Summer School is being reinvented as it moves online.
There are four projects on offer, each one designed to develop your skills and experience in a specific area of music-making. All four projects are suitable for young musicians aged 11-17. Get creative this summer and pursue your musical passion as you connect up with inspirational tutors from Trinity Laban and young musicians from around the world!Apply Now
Please note that the application deadline has passed, and we are now only accepting applications for the Virtual Orchestra.
What Summer Sessions are available?
- Virtual Orchestra, 20 - 23 July: Lend your unique sound to create something big as part of a virtual orchestra, producing a music video with artist Ayanna Witter-Johnson.
- Music Technology & Sound Design, 21 - 24 July: Go on a journey to find completely new ways to create, manipulate and combine sounds, and make art using technology.
- Writing Music for Film, 28 - 31 July: Get your creative ideas flowing by creating your very own film soundtrack, and write music that will get recorded by Trinity Laban musicians.
- Songwriting, 29 - 31 July: Get 1-to-1 professional advice, support and new ideas to help you turn your songs into something that draws people in and keeps them coming back for more.
All of these projects will only be offered subject to interest. Trinity Laban reserves the right to cancel any of the Summer Sessions due to low uptake.
Young Musicians’ Summer Sessions
Guided by inspirational tutors and musicians from Trinity Laban and beyond, you will work to develop your skills in a specific area of music-making. You could be interested in joining a virtual orchestra, experimenting with music technology, or learning more about writing your own music – choose from one of four projects and come and get creative this summer!
Please email the music summer school team for any enquires. We are more than happy to help!Email Us
2020 Course Fees
Fees to participate in our Young Musicians' Summer Sessions are as follows:
- £78 full fee per project (except for Songwriting, which is £57)
- £39 sibling discount fee (except for Songwriting, which is £28.50)
- £26 fee if in receipt of Pupil Premium or Free School Meals (except Songwriting which is £19)
If the cost involved is a barrier to taking part, please do contact us directly and we can discuss this further.