Trinity Laban has well-established processes for managing the quality of its programmes and awards, which include certificates of proficiency, diplomas, taught degree programmes. Our research degrees are awarded by a validating partner, City University of London.
Full details of our processes can be found in the Academic Quality Handbook, including:
- Annual programme monitoring of all taught programmes, including student feedback mechanisms
- Periodic review of programmes and departments
- Comprehensive programme approval and validation processes, aimed at safeguarding academic standards and enhancing academic quality
- Assessment procedures and regulations
The external examining system to help monitor academic standards
- Monitoring of collaborative partnerships involved in the delivery of our programmes
- Fair, transparent and consistent admissions policies
- Clear complaint and appeal procedures, for when feedback mechanisms and informal resolution is unsuccessful
The Registry manages quality assurance on behalf of the institution, both in respect of internal procedures and in liaison with external bodies such as the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) and the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA). This includes externally directed activities such as support for the QAA Institutional review process.
The QAA Quality Mark is awarded to higher education providers which have met or exceeded the UK expectations for quality and standards in their most recent review by QAA. You can view our most recent report on the QAA website.
Taught Degree Awarding Powers (TDAP)
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance has been granted indefinite Taught Degree Awarding Powers (TDAP) by HM Privy Council, and awards its own degrees at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.
City University of London
For research degrees, Trinity Laban has a productive partnership with City. The partnership is under the auspices of its 'Validation' category for the management and governance of its collaborative provision. The validation relationship is supported through liaison between staff at Trinity Laban and City University's Academic Services department. Visit the website of City University of London for further information, including the City University Validation and Institutional Partnerships Handbook, which describes the operational framework for the provision validated by the University.