If you are interested in using the Laban Library, please read the FAQ below and contact us to make an enquiry.
I’ve graduated from Trinity Laban. Can I still use the Laban Library?
Trinity Laban alumni are welcome to use Laban Library free of charge on a reference-only basis. This means you can consult the books, journals and DVDs, and many of our online resources within the library. You will not be able to borrow items, including AV/IT equipment, or access online resources from home.
To use the library, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org in advance, confirming the date and approximate time of your arrival. On the day of your visit please go to Reception at the faculty and let them know you would like to use the library. You will be asked to sign in.
May I borrow from the library?
Unless you are a current student or staff member of Trinity Laban, you cannot borrow items from Laban Library. This includes AV/IT equipment such as cameras and laptops. However, if there is a specific item you wish to borrow, you may be able to do so through the Inter-Library Loan scheme. Please contact your local public or academic library for more information.
If you are a current student or member of staff at another Higher Education institution, certain bands of SCONUL Access visitors may be able to borrow a small number of items from Laban Library. Please visit the SCONUL Access website for further details.
How can I find out what’s in stock at the library?
Search the Laban Library catalogue. Viewing the details of an item will confirm whether or not a copy is currently available.
Can I make photocopies or scans?
- Material can be copied for study purposes within the limits of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and our Copyright Licensing Agency licence.
- Guest copy cards are available from the library’s service desk for almuni. We recommend that you bring a form of ID with you, which will act as a deposit for the guest copy card.
- Charges per side of printing are 6p (A4) and 12p (A3) for black and white copies. Colour prints are 40p (A4) and 80p (A3) per side of printing.
- Free scanning to email is available using our Multi-Function Devices.
- Visitors can use their own devices to take images, in line with the copyright restrictions above.
I’m an alumna/alumnus: how can I get hold of a video (i.e. a student performance I was involved in) from a previous year?
We retain student performances from 2012 onwards indefinitely and we also have recordings of some earlier performances, which we may be able to provide to alumni for a fee. Please read the following information on how to request a file of your performance.
I’d like to donate some books to Laban Library. Is this possible?
We are grateful for book donations. Please email a list to Labanlibrary@trinitylaban.ac.uk. We will add suitable items to stock, and may sell any items we do not add, then invest the income into further resources.
You haven’t answered my question
If your question isn’t answered here or elsewhere on the website, please contact us with your enquiry by emailing Labanlibrary@trinitylaban.ac.uk or calling +44 (0)20 8305 9333.