How Can I Use The Library?
When you first come in, you need to go to the Enquiry Desk with your Trinity Laban ID card. We will check your details on the library system, so that you can borrow items. You always need to bring your ID card with you; this is the only way you can borrow books and deposit money on the card for any printing from the computers, or for making photocopies.
QuickSearch for Libraries is available 24/7. You will be able to access many of our electronic resources remotely by logging in with your TL Moodle username and password.
What Services Are Available At Weekends?
You will be able to retrieve the books from the library shelves, as well as borrow and return the loans, using the self-service kiosk located in the library.
AV Support and online enquiries are not available at weekends.
What Can I Borrow And For How Long?
You can find further information on our lending rules and loan periods on Moodle under FAQs > Borrowing, renewing and reserving items.
Please note that VHS tapes, theses and printed journals can only be accessed in the library.
AV equipment has to be booked in advance, using eQuip booking system. Equipment will then have to be collected and returned to the AV Support Team during their advertised opening times. AV Team is based at the top of the Laban Library.
Are There Library Fines?
If your loans are not returned by their due date, the following fines will apply:
- Books – 20p per item per day
- DVDs – £1.00 per item per day
- CDs – 50p per item per day
You can clear your fines by making a payment:
- In person. Please see a staff member at the Enquiry Desk and note that we will be able to process card payments only.
- Over the phone. Please call the library on 020 8305 9333
How Do I Renew My Books Remotely?
Book loans can be renewed up to 5 times, unless they have been reserved by another student or staff member. You can renew your books by logging in to your library account:
- Go to the library catalogue’s homepage and click on Login in the top right-hand corner of the page.
- Log in with your Moodle username and password (e.g. Angelina.B12).
- Once you have logged in, go to ‘My portal’ on the left-hand side of the page.
- Click on ‘Loans’ where you can check which books you have out on loan. Select which books you wish to renew and press ‘Renew’, or simply ‘Renew all’ button. Books become renewable 2 days before their due date.
How Do I Reserve A Book?
You can place reservations on books that are already out on loan. The book’s status will be clearly indicated on the library catalogue by either a red cross next to the title or the status of the book reading ‘On loan’. To reserve a book:
- Log in to your account on the library catalogue.
- Search for the book you wish to reserve and select it from the results list by clicking on the title.
- Click on ‘Reserve’ button in the top right corner of the screen.
- Confirm the reservation by clicking on ‘Save’ button in the top right corner of the screen.
- You can check the reservations section of your library account to see when copies of the book are due to be returned, as well as your position in the reservation queue. From here, you can also cancel any unwanted reservations.
- You will receive an email notification once your reserved book is ready to be collected from the Enquiry Desk in the library. We will keep your books on our reservations shelf for 7 days, before passing them on to the next person in the queue.
You will need to use our self-service kiosk to borrow books. Please remember to bring your student ID card to the library in order to complete the borrowing process.
How do I return books?
Books can be returned via self-service kiosk. Returned copies should be placed on the trolley next to the kiosk. You can also use the Book Returns box, located by the library entrance, outside of our opening times.
How Do I Change My Password?
The Laban Library Catalogue is on Trinity Laban’s single sign-on system. Please use the same username and password as you use for Moodle.
You can change your password yourself on Moodle. Please log in with your TL username and current password. Go to the ‘Links Menu’, then select ‘Help’ and ‘Change Password’.
How Do I Create A List Of Library Resources And Email Them To Myself?
- Log in to your account on the library catalogue.
- Conduct your search (using either the Basic or Advanced search tabs).
- From the results’ list screen, select either all the results by clicking the Select All/Clear All box, or individual ones – by ticking the boxes next to the chosen entries.
- Click on the ‘Add to my catalogue’ button on the top of the screen (It looks like a shopping trolley).
- Click on ‘My catalogue’ (on the left of the screen) to view the resources you have saved in your trolley. Please note that the selected resources will be removed once you log out.
- In order to email a summary of the selected results, click on the Select all/Clear All box and click on the email button at the top of the screen.
Where Can I Get Help With Referencing?
The library produces online referencing guidelines, which can be accessed via the Laban Library and Archive’s Referencing section on Moodle. You will need your TL username and password to access this. If you cannot find advice on your particular referencing query, please post it in the Referencing Discussion Group on Moodle or ask a member of staff for help.
The Library Doesn’t Have A Book (Or Other Item) I Need To Use. What Do I Do Now?
We endeavour to have all items on dance course reading lists available at Laban Library. There may however be a book or a journal you will want to use during your time studying at Trinity Laban, which the library will not have access to. In such cases, please contact Laban Library staff for advice or fill in a Book purchase recommendation form.
Where Can I Get Help With Finding Resources?
Laban Library staff are available to assist you with enquiries in the physical library during our opening times. Remote online support is available Monday to Friday; you can contact us with your enquiries by telephone 020 8305 9333. It is also possible to set up face-to-face meetings with Laban Library staff via Microsoft Teams. The links are displayed on the Laban Library catalogue’s home page and on our Moodle page.
How can I borrow AV equipment?
AV equipment that you wish to borrow will have to be booked in advance via eQuip booking system. Equipment will then have to be collected and returned after use to the AV Support Team, based at the top of the library.
How can I book a study space?
You don’t need to book study spaces or PCs, although the multimedia iMacs are sometimes reserved for the Dance & the Moving Image modules.
Photocopying and printing
You will need your student ID card to use the printers / photocopiers in the library.
Material can be copied for study purposes within the limits of the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988 and our Copyright Licensing Agency licence.
Use this Papercut link to top up or check your printing credit
The costs are:
- A4 (black and white) – 6p
- A4 (colour) – 40p
Any unspent credit will be refunded to you at the end of your course.
You Haven’t Answered My Question
If your question isn’t answered here or elsewhere on the website, please contact us with your enquiry by emailing email@example.com or calling +44 (0)20 8305 9333.