Skip to main content

Outside the UK

If you are planning to return home to work, or want to work in another country, you may be wondering where to start.

You can find useful sources of information on working and living abroad in specific countries on the opens in a new windowProspects and opens in a new windowTARGETjobs websites.

In the UK

If you are considering the possibility of staying on in the UK to work after your studies you can find full details of all the options that could be available to you within the UK Visas and Immigration section of the  opens in a new windowGOV.UK website.

The UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) provides information for international students on  opens in a new windowworking in the UK after your studies, but please also check the UK Visas and Immigration section on GOV.UK for the latest official information.

If you are a European Economic Area (EEA) or Swiss national, then the above information about UK immigration and visas does not apply to you. Please see instead the relevant section on the  opens in a new windowGOV.UK website.

Related links

  • opens in a new windowUK Visas and Immigration 
    Information about the immigration categories for non-European migrants who want to work in the UK. Each category has different requirements, so you should read the requirements for your chosen category before you apply for a visa.