Skip to main content

While studying at Trinity Laban, it is important to consider how you would support yourself in case you should become injured.

Trinity Laban Health advises every student to get a health insurance plan. That means that if you are injured, you can receive the necessary treatment without financial worry.

Health Cash Plan

BHSF Services Limited, a ‘not-for profit’ company, offers good healthcare cover in its Health Cash plan. This cover costs as little as £6.60 per month.

How do I sign up?

Hard copies of Health Cash plan applications are available from student services, the health department or from your BHSF advisor during Induction. Download the application form in pdf.

Once you have completed the application form, please hand it to the health department. This ensures your application is processed faster. You can post your applications to:

Anna Williams
Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
Laban Building, Creekside, London, SE8 3DZ

Alternatively, you can email the form to

What are the benefits?

  • The Health plan ensures all students can be reimbursed 75% for the cost of treatment within 3 days of making a claim.
  • Students can claim for Physiotherapy, Acupuncture, Homeopathy, Chiropody, Osteopathy, Chiropractic and Reflexology.
  • Students can claim as soon as they receive their welcome letter.
  • All students with the Health plan can be reimbursed 100% for dental and optical fees. This includes check-ups, eye-tests, contact lenses, lenses and frames.
  • Any student who is injured is eligible for the plan; they do not have to declare it and it doesn’t impact the scheme. We advise injured students to take out Silver level or above; the cost varies depending on your age group but starts from £12.61 per month.
  • Read answers to Frequently Asked Questions about the plan.

For further information, please contact a member of the administrative team in the Health department at


Trinity Laban Dancer Benevolent Fund

The Trinity Laban Dancer Benevolent Fund exists to support injured dance and musical theatre performance students where the injury is limiting the participation in class/performance.

Bursaries are allocated based on the injury and the need demonstrated by both the student and the Health Practitioner in the form of a contribution towards the cost of an allocated number of health treatments. This fund does not offer assistance with tuition fees, accommodation or general living expenses. 

Who is eligible to apply for the fund?

  • Open to both UK and international students studying on a Dance or Musical Theatre Performance course
  • You must hold a BHSF Health Cash Plan policy
  • You can only apply once you have registered on your course for the current academic year.
  • You cannot apply to the DB Fund more than twice in the same academic term unless previous applications made were unsuccessful.
  • There must be a break of at least three months between applications.

Application forms are available from Student Services, Moodle and the Health department. Return your completed application form and supporting documents to the health department.

NHS Dance Injury Clinic – London

This free NHS Dance Injury Clinic is recommended by dance industry body, Dance UK. The clinic has to be accessed via your GP; so you need to make sure you are registered with one and then make an appointment with them to obtain a referral. At your appointment, explain to your GP that you are a professional or pre-professional dancer, worried about getting back to full dance fitness post-injury and would really like to see a dance specialist for their opinion on the best course of treatment. Tell your doctor you would like to be seen by a dance specialist, Dr Roger Wolman, Consultant Rheumatologist, Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital.

Read more about the London NHS Dance Injury Clinic.

NHS Low Income Scheme

If you have a low income, it is possible to apply for financial help with NHS costs through the Low Income Scheme by completing a HC1 form.

The scheme covers:

Read more and order the HC1 form from the NHS Low Income Scheme pages.

Follow the following links for more information: