Trinity Laban’s educational workshops run parallel to One Dance UK’s Healthier Dancer Programme’s Talks, which form a key part of the educational work of the National Institute of Dance Medicine and Science. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more.
Workshops are delivered by dance science academic staff (either in-person or online) on major topics in dancers’ health, from supplementary dance specific fitness training, nutrition, psychological skills, and safe dance practice to overtraining and managing hypermobility in dance. All workshops will include both theoretical and practical elements.
If you are looking for a talk that is not listed or you would like to create a bespoke workshop, please feel free to contact us.
Workshops For Dancers:
- Introducing healthy dance practice
- Safe dance practice
- Managing stress and burnout
- Confidence and anxiety
- The psychological impact of injury
- Psychological skills for dancers
- Nutrition and hydration
- Rest and overtraining
- Warming up and cooling down
- Theory and practice in interval and circuit training
- Dance specific fitness conditioning
Workshops For Teachers:
- Managing growth and adolescence in training
- Managing physical differences
- Eating disorders
- Fitness training
- Fitness testing
- Preventing overtraining and periodisation
- Safe dance practice*
* The safe dance practice workshop will help prepare pariticipants to apply to the Safe in Dance International Healthy Dance Practice Certificate (HDPC).
|One topic (1.5 hours)||£150|
|Two topics, Half day (3 hours)||£250|
|Four topics (full 6-hour day)||£400|
Trinity Laban is a Partner of:
Contact Dance Science
Please contact us at email@example.com