BA Music Performance and Industry - Visiting Tutor
Sam works a freelance piano / keyboard player, musical director and arranger.
Main credits: The Real Thing, The Official Dan Ackroyd Blues Brothers Show, Boney M, Brotherhood of Man, J.T.Q, Odyssey, Rose Royce, The Crissy Lee Quartet, George McCrae, Glenn Miller Orchestra (Europe), Jimmy James, Katy Setterfield, Marti Wilde, Sunchaser, The Contours, The Fellowship, Zak Barrett Quartet.
Composing and arranging work includes: BBC, Born to Perform foundation, Capital Radio, How sweet it is (Motown show), Katy Setterfield & North Star Music amongst many others…
Theatre work: Anything Goes, Chess, Dames at Sea (Monaco), Grease, Joseph, Kingdom of Song, Me & My Girl, Peter Pan, Rocky Horror Show, West Side Story. Musical director for Newpalm Productions including 16 years (1993 – 2007) as their musical director at the Civic Theatre in Chelmsford.
- Marshalls Park School, Romford 1994 until 2015
- Gidea Park College, Gidea Park 1994 until 2015
- Brentwood School 2001 until 2005 (Jazz Piano)
- New Hall School, Boreham 2002 until present (Jazz Piano & Musical Director for the school’s big band)
- Felsted School, Felsted 2017 until present
- Musical Director for the Brentwood orchestras for young musician’s big band 2011 until present
Qualifications And Background
Sam graduated with a First in Jazz and Contemporary music in 1991 from the City of Leeds College of Music